BUG ***"Accounts" tab commission calculation*** BUG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG ***"Accounts" tab commission calculation*** BUG

The content below from last week from another "Issue Report" which was tracking a different reporting issue.

Hi there,

3rd day using RC2.

Accounts tab commissions are off they do not match "Trade Performance" which is finally working fine as per RC2 release.
    I am not sure how the Accounts tab info is calculated however assuming something to do with the Executions tab which is off as well.

So further looking into where the BUG might come from, I've found that the Executions tab reports 4 fills prior to even placing one... those extra 4 commissions are the exact difference between Accounts tab commissions vs. Trade Performance/broker.

Today I obviously over traded and the amount of trades /31 round trips on CL/ showing that there is still a bug.
    Yesterday I did not check closely so not quite sure how yesterday reporting ended.

Hope this helps.

atata

Hello atata,

So that I may have a more complete picture of what is happening on your end, would it be possible to use the freely and publicly available screen capture software Jing, https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html , or a similar program which can record video of what is happening on your screen, so that you can show me what is occurring on your end? These quick instructions can get you started with Jing.

1. When you start Jing, a yellow half circle will appear near the top of your screen. Please hover over it with your mouse
    2. A small + sign will extend out of this half circle. Please click on it
    3. When your cursor becomes two intersecting lines, please click and drag your mouse over an area of your screen you would like to record
    4. Please press the film strip button that appears to begin recording
    5. When you are finished recording, please press the square stop button that appears
    6. Please press the share button that appears. It consists of three vertical upward pointing arrows.

You will then have the option to view your video on screencast.com . This is the link which can help me diagnose what is happening on your end. It is possible you will need to set up a free account in order to share videos.

Thank you very much in advance for providing us with this information. If this procedure is not an option for you, or if there are any other questions we can answer, please let us know.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

no Jing, Jing, Jing

Jessica, sorry I decline the Jing thing. I have tried in the past and on my trading computer Jing caused me issues...

Steps are below:

1/ Connect to Rithmic.
      2/ Execute trades. More trades would more likely help to recreate the problem at will.
      3/ Compare commissions with your broker account.

That would be all.

Today actually the so far "perfect" "Performance Report" was off 1 contract as well.

Meaning NT 8 RC 2 was reporting odd number of contracts - 1 less or more can't remember anymore - while the broker reported even number of contracts...

Well obviously the number of contracts I've calculated manually from the commissions paid / 1 buy or sell price.

Interesting enough Perf Report Cum Net Profit was in sync with Accounts tab Realized PnL while they did not match broker account.

Hope this helps,

atata

p.s.: so far "Performance Report" when I've checked - except today - was reporting correct "Cum. Net Profit" while "Accounts" tab "Realized PnL" quite often off, sometimes a lot - meaning a few contracts, because of commissions were off.

Comment

I think I've figured out the "big" issue

The "Execution" tab is showing still yesterday's trades - I guess no reset is done - therefore today's commission and yesterday's commission added up on the "Accounts" tab which makes all report as far as the "Accounts" tab goes way off.

I did raise this issue in the past however nothing happened.
        For now the only work around this one has to disconnect broker connection or restart NT 8 everyday in order to have commissions reset. DOES not make any sense!!!

This is does not seem to be an issue in NT 7 so not sure why it is on NT 8?!

atata
        Last edited by atata; 10-20-2016, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I understand screen capture video will not be available. We can work without this. Would it be possible to send us a single screen capture image instead of your NT8 Control Center -> Accounts Tab -> Right-click account -> Edit Account screen?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
          Click here for instructions
          Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
          Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

sent you an email - not a bug however why?

So to manually fix the "Accounts" tab reporting I did disconnect/reconnected NT 8.

Before disconnect the following formula has applied:

"Realized PnL" = "Gross Realized PnL" - "Total commissions"

After reconnect:

"Realized PnL" = "Gross Realized PnL"

Why commissions are not deducted? I believe all traders expect the formula above where commissions are deducted from Gross and based on the naming conventions it makes sense as well...

I did rent on this before I remember but I was brushed off with some ... answer and nothing has happened.

Thanks,

atata

p.s.: sent you an email regards to your screen capture request

Comment

Without being able to review the user configurable settings on your end, especially your commissions template, I will have to make some assumptions about your situation. Please let me know if the below is not accurate.

If you are trading with Rithmic, using a standard commissions template, the current expected behavior is to require users to disconnect and reconnect from/to Rithmic at 2:15 PM EST. This is due to a limitation in the Rithmic adapter.

I have assumed the above information to be correct, and have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :
              This user would like an exception to the specified
              "Realized PnL with prior commissions until user disconnects/reconnects"
              behavior be made for Rithmic connections so that Ninja behaves as if it was disconnected and reconnected at 2:15 PM every day
              I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_JessicaP; 10-20-2016, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Hello atata,

This feature is being reviewed by the product management team and has been assigned the following unique tracking ID

SFT-1700

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by mishhh, 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
                19 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rene69851  
                Started by gwenael, Today, 09:29 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes