Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Drawn Objects not initially drawn

I have the following problem even with NT8RC2:

When I draw an extended line or Fib for example and set their property to "All charts" I could see them also in a second instrument window with global drawn objects enabled as it should be.
    But when I have a fresh restart of NT the global objects are not shown on the second chart. But when I change a property of any global object on the first one (toggle "All charts" with final "Apply"), they are all redrawn and also visible on the second chart.

Seems to be an initializing problem with your global drawn objects.

I couldn't reproduce this on my end.

Are you able to easily reproduce this behavior? Could you give me exact steps, starting with "Open NinjaTrader", to reproduce this consistently? Could you close all workspaces and attempt these steps on a new workspace?

Comment

The problem exists only if the other chart with the global objects is not the primary one. I have one FDAX chart with the global objects and another chart with the FDXM as the first chart and the FDAX with the global objects enabled as the second one (same panel).
      On plane FDAX charts (primary) I have also no problem.
      I would make a video if I have time in the next days, if you could not reproduce it on your side.

Comment

I would appreciate if you could make that video so I can be sure I am following your exact steps. The program I like to use for screenshots and videos is Jing:

Screen capture and recording software for Windows and Mac. Quickly get images and videos. Start your free trial today!

Comment

Here is the video that shows the problem and my workaround:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

global objects are tied to instruments and expiry. I would not expect a global object on an FDAX chart to have any affect on a FDXM chart, but I do see in your video that it appears to draw the object on the FDXM chart after you've changed the settings on the FDAX chart. This is unexpected and I am unable to reproduce it.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Expand the 'Other files' section and select 'Workspace files and UI settings'

Please include a link to this forum post and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1586236 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

FDXM and FDAX are on the same panel (overlayed) as you see (upper left). But you can put whatever charts to the panel and the global objects for the second or third or x one are not drawn initially after NT restarts. Only for the first main/primary one and that's an error of your software. As you see its drawn when you change it in the first chart window of the SAME instrument.

Log and trace files would not help you - but your developers could.

Comment

I now understand how your charts are configured (I couldn't see the tabs in your video).

I can reproduce this and will forward this to the Development Team. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 10-24-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

THANKS! I disabled the tab functionality as I use AutoHotKey for every window I have trading wise :-)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Massinisa  
                  Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Creamers