Collapse

Threading exception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm adding this report because I am including the entire call stack, not just the part for my object. Things hung for quite awhile (minutes) so I did a "Break All". The stack was at the "Wait()" location -- consistent with the hung appearance. I continued, waited a while longer, and then got the usual exception
    An unhandled exception of type 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' occurred in WindowsBase.dll
    Looking at the stack here is what happened:
    • I was in the Set() function
    • I single-step through the function; both statements execute as expected
    • I Continue or Single-Step out of Set() (either produces the same result)

I do not understand what happened at that point -- my single step resulted in "Evaluation of: Unknown evaluation" -- whatever that is -- and then a call to ToString(). I have no idea why that happened instead of unwinding the call stack that got to the Set() call. The system appeared "hung" -- presumably at the Wait() call. (FWIW: I looked at the multiple call stacks view just to be sure and this is all happening on the same thread.)

Note: Sometimes I get the above result, and sometimes NT just goes away. That is consistent with results when running without VS -- sometimes NT just vanishes, and other times Windows says NT is unresponsive.
    Code:
                public int MA_VerticalShiftLength
                {
                    get { PrintGetEntry(); return ma_PeriodLength; }
                    set {
                        PrintSetEntry();
                        ma_PeriodLength = value;
    SS here => }
                }
            }   // class MA_VerticalShift
    #endregion // MA_VerticalShift expandable object
    Here is the stack. Bold is my code. First part of the stack removed to comply with forum length requirements; that was all various Windows code.
    Code:
         [Managed to Native Transition]    <=== Exception here
         WindowsBase.dll!System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherSynchronizationContext.Wait(System.IntPtr[] waitHandles, bool waitAll, int millisecondsTimeout)    Unknown
         [Native to Managed Transition]    
         [Managed to Native Transition]    
         NinjaTrader.Gui.dll!NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptOutput.OnCodeOutputEvent(object sender, NinjaTrader.Code.OutputEventArgs e)    Unknown
         NinjaTrader.Core.dll!NinjaTrader.Code.Output.Process(string message, NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.PrintTo outputTab)    Unknown

[B]NinjaTrader.Custom.dll!NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.VsaPropertyBase.PrintPropertyEntry(string getSet, string message, string property) Line 138    C#
         NinjaTrader.Custom.dll!NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.VsaPropertyBase.PrintGetEntry(string message, string property) Line 127    C#
         NinjaTrader.Custom.dll!NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.VsaMA.MA_VerticalShift.MA_VerticalShiftLength.get() Line 775    C#
         NinjaTrader.Custom.dll!NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.VsaMA.MA_VerticalShift.ToString() Line 709    C#[/B]
         Evaluation of: Unknown evaluation    

SS here ==>[B] NinjaTrader.Custom.dll!NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.VsaMA.MA_VerticalShift.MA_VerticalShiftLength.set(int value) Line 778    C#
         NinjaTrader.Custom.dll!NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.VsaMA.MA_VerticalShift.Clone() Line 672    C#
         NinjaTrader.Custom.dll!NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.VsaMA.Clone() Line 173    C#
         NinjaTrader.Custom.dll!NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.AAExpandablePropertyDemo.Clone() Line 81    C#[/B]
         NinjaTrader.Gui.dll!NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.IndicatorSelector..ctor.AnonymousMethod__7_0(object selected)    Unknown
         NinjaTrader.Gui.dll!NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.ObjectDialogViewModel<NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.IndicatorRenderBase>.OnAddItem(object selected)    Unknown
         NinjaTrader.Gui.dll!NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.ObjectDialogViewModel<NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.IndicatorRenderBase>.OnAvailableDoubleClick()    Unknown
         NinjaTrader.Gui.dll!NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.ObjectDialog.OnAvailableDoubleClick(object sender, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs e)    Unknown
         PresentationCore.dll!System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate handler, object target)    Unknown
         PresentationCore.dll!System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(object target, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)    Unknown
         PresentationCore.dll!System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(object source, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs args, bool reRaised)    Unknown
    For context, the code above is for the Length property of the VerticalShift expandable object. This problem -- whether it is my bug or whether it is an NT bug -- seems to be associated with expandable objects. When I comment out all of the properties using expandable objects I no longer see the problem. The issue comes back when I restore any one of them.
    Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 08-18-2016, 02:54 AM.

Comment

n/m -- question answered
      Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 08-20-2016, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the additional details. We will update you when we have additional information for you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Graci117, Today, 11:40 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Graci117  
        Started by BIOK.NT, Today, 01:56 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post BIOK.NT