CL 09-16 weekly chart WRONG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To atata.

Do you have the "record live data as historical" check box ticked? It is the very last option under Tools > Options > Market Data.

It appears that NT8 gets very unhappy if your data supplier provides historical data and you also attempt to "record live data as historical". From another thread in this forum (in which you have participated) there is a discussion about how this option appears to be related to the .ncd file locked problem but I also noticed it seemed to cause some weird gaps occuring in my data which I struggled to fill. When I unchecked that option things seem to have improved. Prior to me unchecking the option I often had to manually delete all the db files (tick, minute, cache etc) in the documents directory. I would then start up NT8 and reload all the data and that would generally fix the gaps.

I was sometimes seeing chart gaps in futures markets where my NT8 charts would not properly respond to the markets that reopen on Sunday evening US time. I could see in NT7 that price data was definitely coming in but some of my NT8 charts would not initially populate. I also noticed on a number of occasions that my charts would not initially populate the full gap between when I last connected and the next time I connected. The problem appeared to be worse with charts that build from tick data such as Renko and Volume. This was all occuring around the same time I was getting the .ncd locked file crashes. I have seen these types of issues when connecting to both CQG and FXCM.

I haven't done enough work to conclusively know if this was the sole cause of the problems I had but based on the last couple of days the problem appears to have either reduced or gone away.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post JoMoon2024  
    Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Massinisa