After Ninja crashes, charts won't load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Ninja crashes, charts won't load

I have a feeling this will be a challenge which makes me think no one will want to bother with it.

After Ninja crashes, which it does on a daily basis - someone is already looking at that - I go to reload my workspace and some of the charts won't load. It is usually the chart with EMD loaded on it but this morning GC also didn't load. I tried having slightly less charts so there was only one chart with GC. There were three with EMD and neither of those loaded. They just sit there. They seem to load before I connect to CQG but after I connect to CQG they won't. And if I bring up a new chart with either of those intruments, it just says "Loading..." but it looks like it's trying since the elipses is moving. Having visions of how NT7's data cache always got corrupted, I tried deleting that and restarting Ninja. That got EMD to load but GC still did the same thing.

Good luck guys! NT8 used to be in a usable state. It is not any longer for me. For the last two versions it has been crashing on a nightly basis and now I can't even restart it and get it to even function.

Hello traderpards, and thank you for contacting NinjaTrader support.

In order to simplify your system as much as possible, while eliminating many things that may be causing what you are seeing, I would like to ask you to prepare a fresh Ninja installation while leaving yours intact.

• Download a fresh copy of NinjaTrader 8 Beta 12
    • Rename your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 - 29JUL16
    • Uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader 8 Beta
    • Copy your Config.xml and db\NinjaTrader.sdf from your old installation to your new installation, so you do not have to set up your data feed connection again

I would then like you to connect to your data feed provider and attempt to load a GC chart with your fresh Ninja installation.

If GC does not load, please follow these additional steps

• NT8 Control Center -> Tools -> Database
    • Reset DB -> Check both boxes -> Reset
    • Update instruments -> Check all four boxes -> Update
    • OK
    • Reconnect to your data feed provider

If GC still does not load, please send me your log and trace files, templates, and other files, so that I may look into what occurred.
    You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
    Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1550828
    IMPORTANT: Please also tick all the boxes in the "Other Files" section.

Otherwise, if GC did load in the fresh install, you can simply copy any files you require from your old installation to your new installation.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

GC loaded. Now I'll spend the next 30-60 minutes, loading all of my own stuff again and I've lost all my historical data so now I have to start all over again. Of course, when it crashes again Sunday night, and it will, that will be the true test to see if it corrupts half the charts I have running.

Thanks Jessica.

Comment

Hello traderpards,

I am glad we were able to determine that something in your database is preventing your GC symbol from loading properly.

In order to prevent you from losing time, and to enable to trade out the rest of today, you can at any time restore your original installation by closing Ninja, renaming your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 - Fresh, renaming (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 - 29JUL16 to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 , and then reopening Ninja. This will prevent you from being able to trade the GC, but you will be able to trade any other instrument.

If you would merely like to review your trade history, you can do so by closing Ninja, copying your old db/NinjaTrader.sdf over to your new installation, and reopening Ninja.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Anfedport  
        Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes