NT8 Just stop working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Just stop working

More and more often now NT 8 just stop working showing a message that it stopped working and I have to close NT8.

I see nothing in the trace or log files telling me something wrong.

But I had the choice to close the program or debug it with Visual Studio.
    I chose to debug it with Visual Studio and I am attaching the message I get from VS.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by blar58; 06-10-2016, 08:54 AM. Reason: Forgot to include the image

Hello blar58,

So that we may investigate further, the next time you start NinjaTrader 8, can you start it in safe mode? Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
    • Loading workspaces.
    • Connecting on start-up.
    • Loading custom assemblies.
    • Getting instrument updates from the server.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.

Please then build a new workspace with only built-in indicators and no strategies. When you have done so, should Ninja crash again, please visit the NT8 Control Center -> Email Support -> Ensure "Log and trace files" is checked -> Expand "Other Files" at the bottom -> Check every box -> Type "1528183" into the "Please enter any information that you feel will help us resolve your inquiry" field -> Send . This will give us enough information to recreate what you are seeing on our end.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jessica,

I did what you asked for but obviously I think that it would be better if I could load my custom indicators because the crash may come from these indicators.

For the time being I don't get any crash from NT 8.

Comment

Hello blar58, and thank you for performing this diagnostic step. I agree that the cause may be one of the indicators. Starting in safe mode allows us to rule a lot of things out. What we know from the picture you sent earlier is that one of your charts threads was locked or busy and could not be accessed, we do not yet know why.

I would like to ask you to perform one more diagnostic step. Starting with the blank workspace you have, can you add just your custom indicators from a single vendor back, saving this as "<VendorName>Test" and replacing VendorName by your vendor's name? If you could do this and repeat this process with each of your vendors, I believe this will make it very easy to diagnose further.

When you have done so, should Ninja crash again, please follow this procedure.

• NT8 Control Center -> Help -> Email Support
        • Ensure "Log and trace files" is checked
        • Expand "Other Files" at the bottom
        • Check every box
        • Type "1528183" into the "Please enter any information that you feel will help us resolve your inquiry" field
        • Press Send

This will give us enough information to recreate what you are seeing on our end.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post futtrader  
        Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
        1 response
        0 likes