Data Box Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Box Issue

I am trying to use the data box since I cant seem to find a way to get the Bar High/Low/Close info on my charts. If im missing something please let me know. When I open the data box it works at first but then I get this error and it will stop working on at least one of the charts I have open, but not all of them. Here is a screenshot of the error popup.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to check, does this occur in only a chart or are there indicators applied currently to the chart?

Can you provide the exact steps you are currently using to generate the error including any standard indicators you are applying?

The error you are seeing is generally related to a custom item that is running, but could be caused in may ways. It would be best to get the steps related to causing the error to see what the cause of it is.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The only indicator I have on my chart is the Bar timer. I do also have a few trend lines but thats it. I also use the chart trader and have two data series on each chart although I tried it with only one data series and the same problem persisted. All im doing is using right click and then selecting "show data box". Thats it. The data box always works at first but only for a minute at most and then the error appears and it will no longer work on the chart that I right clicked on to bring it up. Meaning that if i open it on the EUR/USD it will stop working on that chart but will continue working for other charts.

EDIT: Now im trying to open it on the GBP/USD and the error comes up immediately and the data box is empty and unresponsive.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by billko1977; 06-03-2016, 12:08 PM.

Comment

This bug has already been reported and will be fixed in B12

Here you can find a workaround: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=85558

Comment

Thanks for the heads up but the work around made no difference. Still doesnt work with the new settings.

William

EDIT: So now it appears to be working with the work around. Im thinking that I didnt completely close out and restart NT before is possibly the reason it didnt work. Its only been 10 mins or so but its the longest ive gotten it to work so far. Much appreciated because for the way I trade it really makes my executions faster when i know exactly what prices im dealing with. Fingers crossed it will continue to work
          Last edited by billko1977; 06-06-2016, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Tim-c
          by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes