Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B11: Initial SA Window Open consumes approx 50% of CPU resources

Hello,

I don't know if this is an issue/bug, but whenever I open an SA window, when there are no other SA instantiated, the SA window will open, lockup and consume approx. 50% of my machine CPU for about a minute while it initializes before it allows me to work with it.

If I open a second SA window, it will take less that half the time to initialize.

If I close both SA windows and then immediately open a new SA window, the problem happens again.

I recorded a demonstration for you, please have a look and let me know.
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Thank you

Hello rayko, and thank you for your query.

So that we may more easily repeat your operating environment on our end, can you perform the following steps?

• Win + E
    • Right-click (My) Computer (or in Windows 10, "This PC") and select "Properties"
    • Send us a screen shot of this window

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Click here for detailed instruction

Thank you, we will return as soon as we have more information.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jessica,

Here is the screen print you wanted.

Thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, rayko, for your report. This behavior is being investigated on our end. Please keep an eye on the NinjaTrader 8 Release Notes page for updates and bugfixes.

Comment

Hello Rayko,

In order to aid us further in reproducing what you have observed on our end, may I ask for you to perform the following diagnostic steps?

Rename your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8-1521274-orig

Uninstall and reinstall NT8

Run your test again. It is imperative that you have no custom indicators, strategies, or any other custom NinjaScript assemblies.

Once you have performed the above steps, please rename your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8-1521274-fresh , restore your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder, and send us an e-mail to [email protected] referencing the unique ID 1521274 in the body of your e-mail so that we can arrange a remote desktop information gathering session.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Comment

Hello Jessica,

I’ve completed the tasks you have asked for with unique ID 1521274 and I just sent the email.

Please let me know.

Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Jon17
            by Jon17