Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account window PNL does not reset commission

Hi there,

can't really compare to NT 7 since NT 7 does not show commissions on the Account tab.
    The work around are:
    1/ Disconnect from broker
    2/ Restart NT 8

NT 8 B11

Kind regards,

atata

Hello,

Can you tell me the exact steps you are taking to create this behavior NinjaTrader 8 so I can then attempt to reproduce this on my end?

Comment

????

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Hello,

Can you tell me the exact steps you are taking to create this behavior NinjaTrader 8 so I can then attempt to reproduce this on my end?
      Not quite sure how to understand your question. Trade, day is done, profit loss / disappears at the end of the trading session, however commissions will not without disconnecting from broker.
      Broker interface does reset /Rithmic interface/ both, PNL and commissions for the new session.

Hope this helps,

atata

Comment

Originally posted by atata View Post
        Not quite sure how to understand your question. Trade, day is done, profit loss / disappears at the end of the trading session, however commissions will not without disconnecting from broker.
        Broker interface does reset /Rithmic interface/ both, PNL and commissions for the new session.

Hope this helps,

atata
        Atata,

Can you take a screenshot of this behavior after today's trading session? Also, have you had the values stack with the next day or do you typically restart before this can occur?

Comment

Patrick, I am done here... I gave you enough info to get you going...
          Yes the commissions will stick around and compound.

atata

Comment

I did not see any response on this. Is it submitted for getting a fix?

Comment

I did not see any response on this. Is it submitted for getting a fix?
              I have been unable to reproduce this behavior when trading to my Rithmic test account.

I can not further troubleshoot a potential bug unless I can reproduce it. Once I can reproduce the behavior, I can submit this to the Development Team. Is it still occurring? If it is easy to reproduce, can you articulate further on the exact conditions when it occurs?

Comment

why can't reproduce?

Not sure why is so hard to reproduce? It happens everyday. Trading result do reset but not the commissions...

Comment

Not sure why is so hard to reproduce? It happens everyday. Trading result do reset but not the commissions...
                  I was able to reproduce this. I am consulting with Product Management now to discover what the expected behavior is in this case. I will follow up with more information.

Comment

I've had a conversation with the Product Management Team about this behavior.

Right now, what is occurring is that Rithmic provides you with realized PnL which excludes commissions.This is the "gross realized PnL" column. You can then locally configure commission profiles to your accounts. This is the "Total Commissions" column. The "Realized PnL" column contains your gross realized PnL plus your total commissions. The realized PnL column is also the value that will display in Chart Trader's PnL display when "Show realized PnL when flat" is enabled.

The discrepancy occurs because your provider resets their daily session at a different time than NinjaTrader resets the commissions for the daily session.

Product Management is looking into having these PnL's display the gross realized profit instead of the realized profit, and also the possibility of having the commissions sync with the gross realized PnL, however, I do not have any time frame of when or if this will be implemented.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Comment

So let me understand, NT 8 is resetting commission when? I've saw not sure if it was B11 commissions the next morning... as far as I am concerned the reset is not happening at all...

Comment

So let me understand, NT 8 is resetting commission when? I've saw not sure if it was B11 commissions the next morning... as far as I am concerned the reset is not happening at all...
                        Currently, a refresh of your connection (disconnect/reconnect) is required after 4:15 Eastern time. This behavior is being discussed hand-in-hand by the Product Management Team with the behavior I mentioned in my previous comment.
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-01-2016, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post PaulMohn  
                        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ZenCortexAuCost