Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT 8 & 7 Rithmic data issue as previously reported.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 & 7 Rithmic data issue as previously reported.

I am experiencing delayed and data disconnection issues during periods of volatility (the FOMC announcement this past Wednesday, for example) with the combination of NT 7/8 and Rithmic similar to those previously reported in the following thread:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...t=fomc+rithmic.

I've also already reported this issue in the past, here:

but never received a response after I was told my trace and log files had been sent to development (issue using ID #9566). I've already sent an email to platform support on 5/20 with the relevant log and trace files from the Wednesday in question, although I've not heard anything back yet. I also sent the same log and trace files to Rithmic Support and received the following analysis in response:

"From our logs I can see that your NinjaTrader was unable to keep up with the amount of data that it was subscribing for and lost the market data connection 5 times between 13:16 and 13:23 CST."

Furthermore, after asking about my CPU load during these events, I subsequently received this response from Rithmic:

"Please keep in mind that though you may have excess CPU on the machine, the task which reads market data off of a socket may be single threaded, and if you see a process using 25% of system CPU on a machine with 4 cores you might max out even though additional CPU is available on the machine."

During the same event I was running Tradestation and Continuum simultaneously with Rithmic and they performed as expected.

I would appreciate an investigation of this matter as soon as possible; I consider unreliable data a very serious issue.

Please advise.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I looked into the issue that was reported previously assigned NTEIGHT-9566. Our development team had this scheduled to be resolved in Beta 11.

If you do not have Beta 11 installed please close NinjaTrader then install the current version at the link below and let me know if the issue persists.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I looked into the issue that was reported previously assigned NTEIGHT-9566. Our development team had this scheduled to be resolved in Beta 11.

If you do not have Beta 11 installed please close NinjaTrader then install the current version at the link below and let me know if the issue persists.

http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
      As mentioned in my email to you I installed Beta 11 the day it became available which appears to be May 12th. My latest occurrence of this issue was last Wednesday the 18th, so it appears that what I would consider a very serious issue has persisted into Beta 11.

I sent NY support my log and trace files from the day in question on May 20th. Did you find them?

Comment

Unfortunately I was unable to locate your email from 5/20 containing these files. To forward your log and trace files please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".

Comment

Unfortunately I was unable to locate your email from 5/20 containing these files. To forward your log and trace files please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".
          Hi Chris,

I sent an email via "Email Support" as you suggested via the NT help window along with the files you requested. I subsequently received an email back through my email program stating that the message failed to be delivered. Please confirm that you did in fact receive the message you requested. It was sent attention Chris Jameson.

thank you

Comment

Yes I did receive the files and will follow up as soon as I gather additional information.

Comment

Yes I did receive the files and will follow up as soon as I gather additional information.
              Hi Christopher,

You never followed up and I continue to have the same data issue; I've posted pictures of my pricing data from the SuperDOM, although they show the same issue as the originals. You will note that two current prices are shown, same as before, however neither are correct. As you will note from my earlier post, Rithmic's analysis infers that NT8 is unable to handle the data being streamed. Apparently when their servers detect this situation, they automatically disconnect so that one receives no data instead of incorrect data. At the time of this event I was pinging Google servers and did not receive any disconnection notices; also Tradestation and FXCM Trading Station, running concurrently with NT8, were streaming smoothly and showing correct data. There was no particular volatility in this case. I also had the Task Manager open at the time of this event and noted that there were no processes using more than 6% of my four core eight thread CPU and that total usage stayed under 30%, and would only hit that level a few seconds if that.

I remain frustrated that not only does this issue persist, obviously into Beta 11, but that you have not responded since I sent my files to you on 5/23 with any new information.

As I right this, 9:20 am pst, Rithimic remains disconnected. Are there issues with Rithmic at this time? If not, then it appears they have disconnected me for the reasons stated earlier.

Also, at one point earlier today I received the NT8 verbal disconnection notice. The platform stopped streaming data completely. Only NT disconnected, all other connected platforms and the internet continued to run smoothly. But as I run Rithmic and CQG concurrently, how come CQG didn't continue to stream data? I don't set a default data connection, but start Rithmic first. It appeared that only Rithmic disconnected yet all data stopped. I thought that the backup data source (CQG) was supposed to continue to stream?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Pirsqard,
                Thanks for your reply.
                Extended testing has been occurring on this and we have been working with Rithmic directly to find what is occurring.
                It seems the cause has been found however I am working with development to get some clarification.
                I hope to get back with you today on the results once further clarification is available.
                Thanks for your patience.
                BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                  Hello Pirsqard,
                  Thanks for your reply.
                  Extended testing has been occurring on this and we have been working with Rithmic directly to find what is occurring.
                  It seems the cause has been found however I am working with development to get some clarification.
                  I hope to get back with you today on the results once further clarification is available.
                  Thanks for your patience.
                  Great! Thats encouraging.

Comment

Hello Pirsqard,
                    After deep analysis with Rithmic it was found that this is caused by bandwidth.
                    Note that although you had a good connection to other data providers this does not necessarily mean you had a quality connection to Rithmic.
                    The internet is like roads you drive your car on. You may be able to drive to the grocery store just fine however if you drive to a hardware store it may be farther away and take longer or there could be construction on a road that slows you down.
                    You could contact your ISP to look into your connection to Rithmics servers and see about increasing bandwidth. Another option some users do is they get a VPS that has a quality connection and is near the exchange.
                    If you would like to have your ISP look specifically into your connection to Rithmics servers I would need you to send me your trace file to see which server you connect to. You can do this by going to Help> Mail to Support. In the message include a link to this forum post.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                      Hello Pirsqard,
                      After deep analysis with Rithmic it was found that this is caused by bandwidth.
                      Note that although you had a good connection to other data providers this does not necessarily mean you had a quality connection to Rithmic.
                      The internet is like roads you drive your car on. You may be able to drive to the grocery store just fine however if you drive to a hardware store it may be farther away and take longer or there could be construction on a road that slows you down.
                      You could contact your ISP to look into your connection to Rithmics servers and see about increasing bandwidth. Another option some users do is they get a VPS that has a quality connection and is near the exchange.
                      If you would like to have your ISP look specifically into your connection to Rithmics servers I would need you to send me your trace file to see which server you connect to. You can do this by going to Help> Mail to Support. In the message include a link to this forum post.
                      Brandon I've sent the files along and look forward to your response so that I can look further into this matter with my isp provider.

I notice that Rithmic's proprietary execution platform, R|Trader, allows the user to choose which Rithmic server to connect, a couple of which are much closer to me. Does NinjaTrader incorporate this feature? If not, please request the feature for Rithmic users.

Thank you

Comment

Hello Pirsqard,
                        Thanks for your reply.
                        Yes. Go to Connections> Configure
                        Under Configured select your Rithmic account
                        Under System you can select which server to use and see if a closer one to you better performs.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post algospoke  
                        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes