Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8b11 cannot get Last price for Hang Seng Index from Interactive Brokers

Hi,

I face an issue after updating NT8 to b11 version. I can't get the last Hang Seng Index price from Interactive Brokers which I remember I could in b10. Attached my screenshot in b11.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	HSI_NT8.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	905306

I don't know where to download the previous version, if someone knows please reply with the download link so that I can test b10 against b11. I guess I should not upgrade the version so quickly.

I tested NT7 as well and it can get the last price of Hang Seng index. Attached screenshot here. So it is a NT8 specific issue.

Name:	HSI_NT7.png
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	905305

Besides, one thing that I can't figure out is why Hang Seng Index has ask/bid shown in both NT7 and NT8's market analyzer. AFAIK index doesn't have any of these and Interactive Brokers doesn't show ask/bid for HSI in TWS. Can anyone explain why there is ask/bid in NT7 and NT8 for Hang Seng Index as shown in the previous screenshot and how NinjaTrader derives ask/bid while Interactive Brokers doesn't provide that data (or perhaps they do, IB just doesn't show ask/bid in their platform?)? Thanks.

Name:	HSI_IB.png
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	905304

Best,
    Joseph
    Last edited by josephktcheung; 05-16-2016, 12:56 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

I have tested this on my end and was able to reproduce this behavior and will forward this to our development team. I will send you a private message shortly with a link that may be used to rollback to Beta 10.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for confirming the bug. Could you also answer the second part of my question as well (ask/bid of HSI shown in NT)?

Best,
      Joseph

Comment

Not only the last price is not working on HSI anymore... also the daily high and low, net change columns etc. are now all empty on all instruments with b11 - they worked in b10.
        Last edited by Lord Devil; 05-18-2016, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Wow, this is huge. Hope NT tests new beta more thoroughly before pushing it. I'm considering migrating my NT8 script to NT7 now given the bugs I faced.

Comment

Thank you for reporting and I have sent this to our development team as well as the issue regarding the Bid/Ask.

Comment

Christopher,

Has the development team figured out anything? I spot another weird bug related to Interactive Broker <-> NinjaTrader Hang Seng Index data and took 2 screen recordings.

I took the recording on HKT 23pm, HSI has closed already. However, Hang Seng index's last price was still changing. And if I hide TWS and show it again, as you can see Hang Seng index's last price was the same as the one shown in Ninjatrader, but shortly after it changed back to the last closed price.

This happens in both Ninjatrader 7 and 8. Could you ask development team why this happens as well? thanks.

Best regards,
              Joseph
              Attached Files

Comment

Our development team is currently looking into a few issues regarding real time and Last price data from IB for Indexes and I will follow up as soon as I have confirmation that these issues have been resolved.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post techgetgame  
                Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                0 responses