Error message when ATM order is filled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message when ATM order is filled

I keep receiving the following error message when ATM stop or target orders are hit...
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to see if you could post a video instead of the steps you are taking that is resulting in this error.

While testing an ATM strategy I tried placing a entry with an ATM strategy attached, it was able to fill both the entry and target on multiple instances. I conducted the test from the chart trader as I was unsure which window you are seeing this in.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm trying to replicate the error on a consistent basis, but it seems to happen randomly. For background, I use two add-on "indicators" - Jigsaw and a volume profile tool from DiscoTrading (range volume profile). I have Jigsaw installed on both NT7 and NT8. The volume profile is for NT7 only.

I believe I was using NT7 and NT8 at the same time when this happened. I'll keep trying to find the combination that consistently results in this error.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. thx

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the additional details, I will keep testing.

If you are able to reproduce this without the third party items applied that would be good as well because I would not have access to test using those items. Any situation that utilizes the standard items would be preferred if possible.

Comment

I created the simplest NT8 layout possible, one static DOM only, and tried to recreate the issue. I was not running NT7 concurrently. The only way I can consistently recreate the problem is on the first trade after launch. After that, it occurs infrequently and randomly.

Here's a video of the first trade (SIM 101) after launching NT8, connecting to Rithmic, and placing a trade. I place a long position with a simple ATM stop / profit target and close it by clicking on the bid to bring the target to the bid price. The error message appears. Subsequent trades do not have the issue...

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Notice the computer paused before I could click "ignore". That's the first time this has happened. I think the video software slowed things down. I normally just quickly hit "ignore" and get back to the DOM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for providing this.

I wanted to check, has this occurred in the new b11 release? If you have not yet updated, could you please check if this still occurs after updating, if so I would like to look further into this.

Comment

I tried b11 and did not have this issue with the b11 release. I tried it using NT8 alone and with NT7 running. I'll let you know if the issue returns.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH