NT8b10 PanelUI has no setter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8b10 PanelUI has no setter

I was pleased to learn that in NT8 we can add plots directly from strategy. My enthusiasm dropped a bit when I realised the plots can only be drawn in the same panel (price panel) which for drawing histograms is unfeasible.
    I then tried the old tried StrategyPlot method from NT7 but then I got stopped by the fact that in NT8 PanelUI has no setter (applies both to Strategy and Indicator) which means I can't change the location of the StrategyPlot from the code. The StrategyPlots added to the chart also don't have any option to change it manually from the property grid but you can drag the indicator to another panel. Nevertheless I would like to be able to decide from the code level where those plots should be added.

My request is to bring back the setter for PanelUI just as it was in NT7
    Last edited by gregid; 03-23-2016, 06:16 PM. Reason: small correction

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I do see that your initial concern is possible, rather than using the PanelUI, you would use Panel.

for a strategy that plots in a second panel, the attached sample would work as it just sets the strategy to panel 1 or a new panel.

If you have any concerns or do not see this working correctly in any of your tests, please provide a sample of what you are using for the logic and steps and I would be happy to assist further.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jesse,

Using Panel solves my problem. One thing to note though is that Panel is 0 indexed (PanelUI was 1 indexed if I remember correctly) and trying to add it to panel 0 (price) adds it to next available slot. Any reason for the latter?
      Also is there any plan for the future to allow plotting in different panels or is it not considered?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I am not seeing Panel = 0 pushing into the next slot, can you tell me do you have other items with separate panels on the chart currently? Could you list the steps or area which you see this in?

Using the prior example, I only changed Panel = 1 to Panel = 0 and see the strategy plotting on the chart instead of a new panel. Potentially you need to remove and re add the strategy to the chart?

Regarding multiple plots in multiple panels. Unfortunately I do not know if this is planned or would ever be implemented. I can certainly put in a feature request for this though.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, seems we were talking about slightly different strategy plots. I haven't tried your sample before just tested Panel = X on my strategy but now I've noticed in your sample you are simply using AddPlot method. In my case in order to overcome plotting in one panel only I am utilizing the "NT7 method". To see what I mean try adding :
          sPlot.Panel = 0;
          as a last line in Configure to the sample from the following (related thread):
          http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=84176

And yes please add my vote for multiple panel plotting.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
          12 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DrakeiJosh  
          Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rhubear