NT8B8 - Only 4 optimization results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8B8 - Only 4 optimization results?

I keep getting only 4 optimization results with either genetic or standard optimizer. I tested 3 strategies including standard "Sample MA crossover". Also I noticed the following exception in the logs:

2016-02-06 23:28:01:818 ERROR: Strategy 'Sample MA crossover': Error on calling 'OnOptimize' method: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptBase.TickReplay OrUpdate() at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptBase.ResetForOp timizerIteration(State state) at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Optimizers.Optimizer.Reset () at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Optimizers.GeneticOptimize r.OnOptimize() at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.StrategyBase.<>c__DisplayC lass292_1.<RunOptimization>b__1(Object x)

I disabled "TickReplay" and I got more than 4 results. Is that expected?

Regards,
    Tim

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

In general exceptions are not expected with internal items, could you outline the steps you used when testing the SampleMACrossover and had this result?

I would like to test this on my end to see if I can also come to the same result.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I ran this test on historical tick(last, ask and bid) CL ##-## data exported from my NT7 installation. Optimization settings in the attached screenshot. Attaching trace and log logs as well. After I re-started NT and rerun the optimization the error no longer appears in the logs but I still get only 4 results with Tick Replay enabled.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 02-09-2016, 08:27 AM. Reason: removed logs for review

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for providing the details here.

I tried this on my end but was unable to confirm getting only 4 results.

For this, could you reply to me through email at platform support @ ninjatrader.com in reference to ticket: 1461092

Can you do the following process and attach the files generated to the email?

Run the test to get the 4 results
        Copy the two files, a .cs and .xml file from the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\strategyanalyzerlogs\
        They will be named @@@ name of strategy .cs and @@@ name of strategy .xml

If you can use one of the sample strategies to produce the result that would be good as the .cs file is the actual strategy, so any custom code would be provided in the .cs file if you run your personal strategy for this test.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post burtoninlondon  
        Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes