Error Requesting Historical Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Requesting Historical Data

Wonderful... I take a 3 month holiday from Ninjatrader and come back to this - again. Since I was told that the gaps in the HT historical data issue is not resolved - I set it to IQ feed - and this is the result:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I can agree that is a pretty disappointing experience with all those popups and I'm sorry for any trouble there... I appreciate you posting the result, and I'll be glad to look into that.

With that said, I am connected to an IQFeed connection and have made requests for several Forex pairs and time intervals (minute, tick, daily) and they return without any error at the moment. So there must be something specific you're doing (maybe a combination of things) which is not working that I need your help to figure out so we can get this resolved.

Can you please kindly provide details on how to reproduce this issue?

Are you running a Market Analyzer which is making all those requests? Or are they coming in from a Strategy/Indicator by chance?

Do you know the exact type and range of data that is being requested that is generating all of those unfriendly errors? (for example, this only happens if you request ask data in tick interval?)

How far back are your data requests going? Days, Months, Years?

If you see this issue with all interval types, that is definitely unexpected and we would need to analyze your log and trace files to look into these matters further.

Thanks for any help in us isolating this problem.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

This issue caused me a huge amount of wasted time last autumn. I first reported it here:

and subsequently got a huge amount of support on the issue from Jason on the support team:
      Ninja FXCM Servers {1393447} We had a lot of trouble reproducing the issue which was pretty consistent on my workstation but hard to reproduce elsewhere.

Looks like deleting my Ninjatrader 8 folder and re-installing NT8 has resolved it for now. I will keep an eye on it though. I did find that two other bugs I reported last year are still unresolved:

- Deleting the Ninjatrader 8 settings folder causes NT8 to not start (silent failure)
      - The Windows 10 Next-Generation uninstall tool cannot remove NT8; you need to use the legacy control panel/add remove programs
      Furthermore the NT8 installer causes a security warning (attached)
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you by chance save any of your log and trace files, or configuration files so we can analyze the issue? If so, can you please send those in?
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Yes I will send it all in when I get home from work.

In a related query about IQFeed. Is there a way to get an IQFeed Instrument list from within Ninjatrader? I pay for their enhanced tenfore package which contains over 1500 forex pairs including institutional composite data which is more accurate than FXCM's retail data.

Is there a way I can list the IQFeed available instruments and add to Ninjatrader? Or is the only way to manually need to add a new instrument with the correct IQFeed instrument mapping. e.g GBPAUD.COMP

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post lightsun47  
          Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post 00nevest