IQ Feed Invalid Symbol Error only on weekends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Ricam,

I am unable to reproduce this on my end. Can you please provide the script you are using that reproduces this behavior on your end so I may test?

Additionally:

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.

Please reference my name and a link to this thread in the body of the email.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Today's fiasco is the exact same problem that Zachary had duplicated on 2/23, and was supposed to have been fixed by early March. I think it is related to the problem reported in the preceding post.

Therefore, this is the problem that needs to be fixed at this point:
      We are currently tracking this with an internal tracking number of NTEIGHT-9367.

As of today it has not been fixed. The errors happened even though extended trading hours for the affected symbols (which include ALL US Equities) have already begun.

After RTH started there were a bunch of other errors that seem to have something to do with what happened before. I never got those errors all last week.

Took a nap, restarted with an empty Workspaces folder, connected to both data feeds, restarted again, and reloaded old workspace... it works now. Only took four hours or so to get it running today. And now, there are NO log errors, output window notifications, or problems of any kind that I know of. NT8 performance is great when not having these mysterious problems... the charts just keep ticking along without missing a beat no matter how fast the market. NT8 is such a huge improvement over NT7 that I would not think of going back, working through the teething problems is worth the effort.

As far as I can tell, all of the earlier problems were caused by spillover effects from the invalid instrument problem,
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ricam; 03-07-2016, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Ricam,

This matter is still being looked into by our development team and IQFeed. We will update this thread when we have further information.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricam View Post
          Today's fiasco is the exact same problem that Zachary had duplicated on 2/23, and was supposed to have been fixed by early March. I think it is related to the problem reported in the preceding post.

Therefore, this is the problem that needs to be fixed at this point:

As of today it has not been fixed. The errors happened even though extended trading hours for the affected symbols (which include ALL US Equities) have already begun.

After RTH started there were a bunch of other errors that seem to have something to do with what happened before. I never got those errors all last week.

Took a nap, restarted with an empty Workspaces folder, connected to both data feeds, restarted again, and reloaded old workspace... it works now. Only took four hours or so to get it running today. And now, there are NO log errors, output window notifications, or problems of any kind that I know of. NT8 performance is great when not having these mysterious problems... the charts just keep ticking along without missing a beat no matter how fast the market. NT8 is such a huge improvement over NT7 that I would not think of going back, working through the teething problems is worth the effort.

As far as I can tell, all of the earlier problems were caused by spillover effects from the invalid instrument problem,
          So was this running over the weekend?

Comment

Invalid Instrument problem did not happen over the weekend because between the close of futures ETH on Friday and the open of Equities ETH on Monday, I never connected to IQ Feed,the secondary, equities data feed.

Based on past experience I knew that connecting to IQ during that time would cause problems. On Monday morning I first made the secondary connection to IQFeed after the start of Equities ETH.

Having connected to IQ, charts with indicators using equities as non primary added data series would generate the characteristic from date/to date errors in the log file.
            However, charts with those same equity symbols as the primary data series would load fine.

I knew from past experience that connecting to IQ Feed after the start of equities RTH (9:30 ET)would work if I had not previously tried connecting to IQ before the start of RTH.

But I had previously connected to IQ before the start of RTH, with the consequences shown in my log files. So things went into Crash Automatically On Startup mode. My guess is that these errors caused some kind of corruption to the historical data files. And/or of my workspace template. Which is, of course, backed up.

This has happened many times already so I know how to recover from it, but it took a while!
            Last edited by Ricam; 03-07-2016, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Have changes been ,made to data servers?

Something changed for the better today, and it wasn't because of changes to my custom indicators.

Were changes made to data servers?

NT8 ran from just after midnight to 130PM without having to be restarted even once.
              This is a huge milestone.

Connected to and disconnected from CQG and IQ multiple times, reloaded historical data for all charts several times, and reloaded Ninjascript innumerable times. There were a few log errors such as Default-Failed to call Add method - object reference not set of instance of an object. Did not see any error handler messages from custom indicators in output window.

All indicators on all charts worked correctly.
              Last edited by Ricam; 03-08-2016, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Hello Ricam,

I am not aware if IQFeed has changed anything on their end. However, I will be testing for this issue once more during the up and coming weekend to see if the error occurs again.

Can you please outline the steps you have done to get those log errors so I may test on my end to see if I can reproduce?

Comment

I jumped the gun. The problem has not been fixed. Is there any time line?

I made changes to some of my custom indicators that improved overall stability.

One of my indicators that uses a secondary instrument different than the one in the price panel is suspected of causing most of the problems. I added a BarsRequest action for the secondary instrument in the DataLoaded state for that one. Makes it load a lot more reliably and faster,but I was disappointed that it had no effect on the weekend error.

The invalid symbol, and to date/from date errors, are not causing the app to crash anymore but are really annoying..

Comment

Hello Ricam,

I have tested this past Sunday and have reproduced the error again.

We have reached out to IQFeed on this matter once more and are waiting for an update.

Comment

still happening

Problem happening again today as of, and after, 800 AM EDT which is after start of US Equities ETH. Will probably disappear as usual at the start of RTH.

Is the cause understood?

Any progress towards fix?

Time line?

Thank you.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Ricam; 03-18-2016, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Hello Ricam,

IQFeed has stated that there is no definite timeline of a solution to be implemented but are working on it. We will be following up with them for further updates.

Comment

Is the problem related to IQFeeds most recent software release? or is it something with their data servers? If it is software related, is there a certain version that we should be using that won't cause problems?

Comment

Hello GrumpyTrader,

You should be using IQFeed version 5.1.1.3 per the IQFeed connection guide for NinjaTrader 8: http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

This is an IQFeed server issue.

Comment

Status of IQFeed out of RTH equities data problems

Any indication if this problem will be fixed? Last update was almost a month ago.

Comment

Hello Ricam,

I've tested this on the past weekend, and the issue seems to be resolved.

Please, let us know if you're still running into this behavior.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Touch-Ups  
                                Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
                                8 responses
                                0 likes