nt8 chart text disappears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nt8 chart text disappears

I can't get the text to appear on my ninjatrader 8 chart, it keeps disappearing after I try to add the text drawing object.

When I try to add a new text object, i see a brief flash of all the other text objects before they all disappear.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this report with us. I am not seeing that behavior on my end by simply adding multiple Text objects manually. Are all of your objects manually drawn, or are some of them drawn via NinjaScript? Do you find this happens every time, or once out of every so many tries? Do you have any custom scripts applied to your chart, or are you using a Text Drawing Tool template, by chance?
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I am adding the text objects to the chart by pressing f12 and adding them. I noticed right now that when I changed the time frame from daily to 60 minutes, the text objects all showed up. Changing it back to the daily, it disappears again. I'm on the ES 03-16 chart.

Comment

Please disregard my original message on this post. When I draw on the Daily interval, then switch to 60 minute, I am seeing the object, but it is drawn quote a ways into the future. I have to scroll my chart forward in time to see it.

Can you please try that and see if the objects show up in the future? If so, there may still be an issue to address, or I may be able to provide further insight after checking into the expected behavior.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 12-11-2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

I don't see the text objects in the future. I press f12 and try to add a new text object to the Daily chart. As soon as I press OK to draw the new object I see all the text objects flash for a brief second in the places they should be.

Comment

Do you use a custom default template for the Drawing Tool in question, by chance? If so, could you please share that with me so I can test it over here?

Comment

I am using the default drawing tool. I have changed other drawing tools to different colors, but I have not edited the text drawing tool default template.

Comment

After further testing, I'm still not able to reproduce this issue on my end. Since we have made a few changes to charting, drawing tools, and the @Text tool specifically, and since we are planning to release Beta 8 soon, would you mind re-testing this for us once more when the Beta 8 build is released? If you still see the same issue at that time, please let me know, and I will dig back in.

Comment

issues appears fixed in the new release

Comment

That's great to hear -- thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
                    3 responses