Why simple indicator plots in minutes but not ticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why simple indicator plots in minutes but not ticks

When I create a simple NT8 indicator with an added time-based data series combined with the primary chart symbol it works on a 1 minute chart.

AddDataSeries("DX 12-15", Data.BarsPeriodType.Minute, 1, Data.MarketDataType.Last);

When I create another otherwise identical indicator but change the added data series to
    AddDataSeries("DX 12-15", Data.BarsPeriodType.Tick, 1, Data.MarketDataType.Last);
    the new indicator does not work on a 1 tick chart. The 1 tick indicator is set to update every tick.

Q1) Why?

Q2) Ultimately I'd like to create an indicator that runs on both tick, range, and time charts. Do I need to include code for that?
    Last edited by ProfitPilgrim; 12-03-2015, 02:28 PM.

Hello ProfitPilgrim,

Thanks for your post.

To answer your questions we would need to see your code as well as a chart to understand what you are wanting to do, however the answer is more than likely in the helpguide here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...nstruments.htm Please review that section carefully and note that: "This section is written in sequential fashion. Example code is re-used and built upon from sub section to sub section." which means it is best to read from front to back to gain as much as possible.

If after your review you still have questions, please either post your code, or a small version of your code that demonstrates the issue, along with a chart example of the issues. Alternatively if you would prefer please fee free to send into platformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com atten Paul and a link to this thread.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post futtrader  
    Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
    1 response
    0 likes