Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8B6 - when tabbing, tabs don't update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8B6 - when tabbing, tabs don't update.

Have a multiple tab window open, but the tabs list on the bottom doesn't show the latest.

Create a bunch of tabs such that there are more than screen size. (I have 8 tabs in the window).

Use windows command "CNTRL+TAB" to tab through charts. You do get the latest chart, but the tabs at the bottom do not show the currently selected tab in any part of the visual area and you really don't know if it changed tabs except without looking on the top of the chart.

Would be nice if ES 09-15 was at least the right most tab on the chart.

Same for "CNTRL+SHIFT+TAB" (going backwards).
    Attached Files

Hello sledge,

Thank you for posting!

I will submit a feature request to our Product Development team to see about adding this feature of tabbing through the windows to show the currently selected tab if you have more tabs that are outside of chart view.

I will also update you with a feature request ID once the Product Development updates me.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
      I will submit a feature request to our Product Development team to see about adding this feature of tabbing through the windows to show the currently selected tab if you have more tabs that are outside of chart view.
      hmmm.. A feature request??? I would think that showing the active tab, no matter how we get there, should just be expected, but then that's just my opinion I guess..

+1

-=Edge=-
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Hello sledge,

I'm not sure if it is expected or not currently. However Dave will let me know when he replies to my feature request email, and when he does, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thank you for your feedback!
        Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sledge,

Seems when I use the tab hotkeys to move back and forth I get the tab highlighted as expected.

Whats different between my side and yours or am I misunderstanding you.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
            Seems when I use the tab hotkeys to move back and forth I get the tab highlighted as expected. Whats different between my side and yours or am I misunderstanding you.
            Add an indicator (SMA or whatever) to your first chart (tab) and try again... Seems that might be the difference in whether this works or not..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Hmmm... I added ema,didnt help. I have a custom indicator in another chart tab set, doesn't work there.

Note this also happens when playback-mr is active, it's just only on 1 set of charts that is active.

Adding a new tab with the plus does advance to the new tab on the far right.

I'm only talking about the bottom tabs list needs an update. The chart is on the correct tab,and the top updates fine.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                Hmmm... I added ema,didnt help. I have a custom indicator in another chart tab set, doesn't work there.
                Sorry for the confusion.. I was trying to say it works just like Brett has shown as long as there are no indicators on the charts.. Once you add indy, stops working..

(I only tested indy on first chart and did not test for all tabs)

-=Edge=-

Comment

Sledge,

Seems when I use the tab hotkeys to move back and forth I get the tab highlighted as expected.

Whats different between my side and yours or am I misunderstanding you.

http://screencast.com/t/W4pjtNtC
                  Sorry in 4k

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

We're looking into, NTEIGHT-9148

Thanks for the report!
                    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

We made an attempt to fix this in the next beta. On PC's which we could reproduce no longer could reproduce. However please let us know if you still run into after installing B7.

Thank You.

Comment

We made an attempt to fix this in the next beta. On PC's which we could reproduce no longer could reproduce. However please let us know if you still run into after installing B7.

Thank You.
                        What about in NinjaScript Editor?

a) I also see the same behavior there when tabbing. b) Opening a new file doesn't update tab list to there that tab. c) But adding a new strategy (+) does.

Hopefully this is just an across the board tab fix and this was also fixed with tab navigation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post rene69851  
                        Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Fitspressorest