Loss of middle mouse function with DOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of middle mouse function with DOM

The new DOM has lots of improvements over previous releases but there are a few strange changes that add annoying steps to using it.

With previous NT if the DOM window had focus it didn't matter where the mouse was on your screen you could use the mouse wheel to scroll the DOM ladder up or down. In fact this is a universal feature of every other DOM I have used. With NT8 the mouse wheel only works if you have the pointer directly over the depth or price columns. It doesn't even work if you have it over the too generous blanks spaces on either side of the price columns. So if your DOM has focus and you move your mouse pointer on a chart say to check a value your DOM is now stuck. You cannot scroll it up or down until you move your mouse back over the price columns.

Then another really strange feature is if your DOM window doesn't have focus to use the mouse wheel you have to first click on the blank outside columns then move it over the price column just to scroll the DOM because you cannot touch the middle column like previous editions because you get this stupid pop-up with associated noise!!! (see attached pic).

Why was this added? It is totally not needed. It just makes the DOM laborious to use throughout the day.
    Attached Files

Thank you for your candid feedback.

On point #1, that was a design change based on user feedback over the years. Users would attempt to use their scroll wheel for other parts of the SuperDOM, such as the QTY or ATM selector but it would scroll the selector instead and potentially change settings that was unexpected. We had demand to make it where only being over the price ladder the scroll wheel would take effect, which we implemented based on the number of requests we got over the years for that behavior.. I appreciate your comments here as it was a design change we were hoping to get feedback on so I will run this by the other product managers.

On point #2, this is just a bug related to the "Single click order modification" being turned on. I've reported that to development and will be tracked using #9088
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ChartTourist  
    Started by LiamTwine, Today, 08:10 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes