Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Instrument List

Hello,

Can someone help me understand how to use the instrument list in NT8?

In NT7 it was a peace of cake but in NT8 only the symbol CL appears no months and after that you have a pannel with data that you have to fill in.

Thanks,
    Ruben

Another thing that bothers me is the rollover off the instrument, it is now automatic I think but right now we already have more volume on the new CL DEC contract but in NT8 it is still on November.

Comment

Yeah the automatic rollover is a nice feature but i still need to open many dialogs and charts to check the correct date for the rollover. To make this feature really useful i imagine something like the following.

Tools->Database will display all rollovers that will happen in the next week(s)( or maybe a user configurable timespan interval). It will display the list of upcoming rollovers but instead of the update checkbox on each line in the list it will display a button. This button will open a new dialog with the following options.
      • The old contract expiry and the daily volume of the old contract for today and yesterday
      • The new contract expiry and the daily volume of the new contract for today and yesterday
      • A convenient way to set the rollover date to yesterday, today, tomorrow or a custom date
      • A button to finally perform the rollover

Comment

Hi Ruben12,

I'm not really sure where to begin on helping you understand the instrument list, so if you would, go ahead and take a look at the help guide article on the Tools > Database menu and the Working with Instrument Lists articles and let me know if you have specific questions:

I will take the suggestions that you have offered so far to the development team, however.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Ruben12 View Post
          in NT8 only the symbol CL appears no months
          Can you please clarify exactly where you are seeing this, Ruben? You should see the entire instrument name, including contract month, in your instrument lists, the Instrument List window, and in the various Instrument Selectors in different order-entry windows.
          Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Anfedport  
          Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes