Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sledge View Post
    Does this help?:

When you select move, use the Cursor keys to move the window back into the screen?

I can use the cursor keys to move the window off the screen, but I can't drop it off the screen for complete test.
    Where are you clicking to get that popup menu?

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
      Where are you clicking to get that popup menu?
      I hover (move the mouse) over the window grouping in the task bar, then the smaller preview windows show up, then I go to the control window preview and right click there.

If they were not grouped - you could just hover over the window in the task bar, then move the mouse up over the preview, and right click there.

Comment

I've always moved my offscreen windows using the method Sledge highlighted which is task bar -> right click on the window to move > select 'move' > hold down a keyboard arrow key in the direction it needs to go.

I never use the alt+space keyboard combination.

It appears both does the same thing. Just to be clear this thread is about the alt+space keyboard combination. If so I'll check into.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          I've always moved my offscreen windows using the method Sledge highlighted which is task bar -> right click on the window to move > select 'move' > hold down a keyboard arrow key in the direction it needs to go.

I never use the alt+space keyboard combination.

It appears both does the same thing. Just to be clear this thread is about the alt+space keyboard combination. If so I'll check into.
          Brett, I know that i am the one who was cavilling, but I think this "would be nice to have", but must now be considered "very low priority", as it would appear that Windows has now been programmed with a newer paradigm for shifting Windows, and they may be thinking that Alt+Space is obsolete and no longer a requirement for an application window. That was a bit embarrassing for me not to know that one.

Much like Ctrl+Insert and Shift+Insert have been pretty much replaced by Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V respectively. Wowser! Did I just date myself by writing that?

Comment

Understand, we're on the same page now. Still, we could consider trying to add back ALT+Space if we have a lot of users missing that feature, for now I'll just keep it on the back of my mind since the new 'way' to move the window works.

When we went with the 'new' technology for NT8 the windows lost some of the 'old school' window management options we were used too. Not sure why Microsoft created their programming API this way to drop those features. We've been adding them back in, when we have user run into user experience issues as we continue to add polish to the application.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
            8 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Option Whisperer  
            Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes