Zoom In on chart - does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cjdsellers View Post

I'd definitely suggest we try to support greater levels of Zoom Out potential.

cheers
    Chris
    I will forward this suggestion to the Product Management team and update this post with any information I receive.

EDIT: The internal tracking number for this request is: SFT-156
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 11-19-2015, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by cjdsellers View Post
        Thanks Patrick,

It's more bars I'm after, I'm surprised at how little the charts can actually zoom out (I'm loading 10,000 bars worth of data). MT4 for example can zoom out so far that the individual bars are meshed together as one pixel wide, its just a great way to get an overall higher picture of the market without changing the interval of the timeframe.

Also, its a good way to check that the coding of my higher timeframe support resistance levels are correct from the trading timeframe that I'm using.

I'd definitely suggest we try to support greater levels of Zoom Out potential.

cheers
        Chris
        I agree with this 100%. I’m new to Ninja Trader and trying out version 8. I keep thinking there must be something wrong with my download package as I can hardly zoom out at all compared to MT4. On say a 5 minute chart, I need to zoom out to draw longer term support / resistance lines, but that’s simply not possible with Ninja and it’s enough to put me off purchasing. MT4 is free, and I can zoom out as far as I want on any time frame. I’d certainly expect to be able to do the same with software I need to spend good money for. It seems the only thing I can do to get a broader view is go to a higher time frame chart, but I really like to be simply able to zoom in and out of the chart I’m trading. I really hope this functionality can be added.

update: it seems I can get the kind of view I want by using "Bar Spacing - " however it’s a cumbersome to zoom in and out using the Bar Spacing. Why can’t the zoom + - buttons on the menu bar simply extend the chart out further, as I can do using Bar Spacing? Thanks
        Last edited by Guy Booth; 03-15-2016, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I will include this in the feature request.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by FishTrade, 05-13-2024, 11:11 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post FishTrade  
          Started by Graci117, Yesterday, 09:02 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred