Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug with alarms after restart

Hi guys,

If an Alarm has been set and is on a workspace in the background, it will not be active until the workspace is actually opened after an NT8 restart.

For example, if we have 5 workspaces, and workspaces #4 and #5 have alarms set on various charts, and we then need to restart NT8 (or it crashes for whatever reason). Our alarms will not activate on any of the workspaces unless we have displayed those workspace since the restart (even though the workspace is ‘open’ in the background).

Steps to replicate:

* Have multiple workspaces and set alarms on 1 or more of those workspaces. Save the workspaces.

* Switch to another workspace without alarms, so when you restart NT8, so that it will open in that workspace.

* Restart NT8.

* The alarms you have set will not activate (unless you cycle through and display each workspace and then they will begin working).

Obviously the work around in is to cycle through and display each workspace every time we start the software, but it would be good to have fixed as we might not have time to do this in a fast moving market.

Cheers,
    Shane

Thank you for reporting this. I'm going to try to replicate this behavior on my end, and I will post back here with an update soon.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello Shane,

Thank you for reporting this item.

I am able to reproduce and have reported this to our development team.

Comment

Hello ShaneAU,

Thank you for your patience.

This is to be expected when we use the IsSuspendedWhileInactive bool as True. Set this to False if you would like the indicator to work when suspended due to not being int he active workspace.

You can find more details on this bool at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...einvisible.htm

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I don't think this is the answer to the issue I was referring... Just to clarify, my Alert was set on a horizontal line, it wasn't an indicator where I had been changing IsSuspendedWhileInactive.

Also, the alert works fine when it is in a background workspace after I have viewed the workspace once since a restart. It is only prior to viewing the workspace that it doesn't activate (even though the workspace is shown as 'open' in the background).

I think this is maybe an issue with NT not loading the background workspaces until we actually view them, because this issue is very similar to the one I posted in this thread:

If NT doesn't load the workspaces into the background on startup, it shouldn't show them as 'open' on the workspaces menu, otherwise what's the point of having them open?

Cheers,
          Shane

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Were there any updates re this?

Cheers,
            Shane

Comment

Hello ShaneAU,

I am currently investigating this issue further and will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued patience in the meantime.
              Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Hello ShaneAU,

Could you please confirm that the issue persists when you navigate to New -> Alerts Log -> Right click in the alerts log and select Properties -> Check "Receive alerts from all active workspaces"?

This will help to narrow down the issue further.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply.

I looked and that box was not checked. So I checked it and tested again, but unfortunately it did not make a difference.

You should be able to replicate with my steps in the post of 09-25-2015, 08:24 AM.

Thanks again & cheers,
                  Shane

Comment

Hello ShaneAU,

Thank you for the update. I have confirmed this behavior and submitted this as a bug report. I will update this post when I have further information.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Comment

Hello ShaneAU,

This behavior should be resolved in NinjaTrader 8 Beta 6 which was released today. Please let me know if the issue persists after trying the newest release.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Graci117, Today, 09:02 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 07:55 PM
                      0 responses