PaintPriceMarkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PaintPriceMarkers

In NT7 I was able to turn the pricemarkers on and off, anywhere in the indicator code, by using this..

Code:
    [COLOR=#006400]PaintPriceMarkers = false;[/COLOR]
    In NT8, if this code is used anywhere outside of the State.Defaults it throws an unhandled exception error..

Unhandled exception: 'PaintPriceMarkers' cannot be set from this state. Please see the Help Guide article on 'PaintPriceMarers' for more information.

Has this changed? How can I accomplish this in NT8 now?

-=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

This would be expected, this property is only valid at configure time in NT8 so setting it after would result in the message you have received.

It looks like currently there is not a way to set this after the script is started. this does match NinjaTrader 7 specifications because this property was only meant to be used in Initialize and was documented that way for NinjaTrader 7.

I will submit this as a feature request rather than a defect so that at the very least this will be reviewed again.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      It looks like currently there is not a way to set this after the script is started. this does match NinjaTrader 7 specifications because this property was only meant to be used in Initialize and was documented that way for NinjaTrader 7.
      I do see the example in NT7 Help guide using it in the Initialize, but don't see where it states that's the only place you can use it..

Seems a shame to have to reload all ninjascript on the chart just to do something as simple as turn the price markers on an off, but thanks for adding it as a suggestion..

-=Edge=-

Comment

I will submit this as a feature request rather than a defect so that at the very least this will be reviewed again.
        Was this issue/request ever discussed further?

I have a couple indicators that have over a dozen plots.. Personally I always want the ability to hide or show any/all of this plots at will.. And for this approach will specifically talk about an all or none scenario.. Which is not a problem for the plots themselves.. But once/if the all plots are hidden, the remaining price markers continue to clutter the chart, which honestly is just a major nescience..

In NT7 this simple statement in plot override worked great..

PaintPriceMarkers = false;

It would really be nice to do the same thing in NT8!!!

As a work around I've even tried using a bool to conditionally set the PaintPriceMarkers in the state.defaults.. And then force a reload ninjascript to change their appearance according to the bools state.. But this doesn't seem to work either.. It seems as though this property is serialized, and the only way to currently change it is to go into the indicators properties window and toggle the bool..

Is there currently any way to work around this issue? And/or have you thought any further about allow the PaintPriceMarkers property to be set outside of the OnStateChange? and/or of any other way to allow us to hide the markers?

Also, speaking of reload ninjascript, is there any way to force this thru code?

Attached Files
        -=Edge=-

Comment

Of course every property set in State.Defaults gets initialized there, and then serialized.
          Can't we put PaintPriceMarkers in State.Configure, Edge?
          ninZa
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

Comment

Originally posted by ninZa View Post
            Can't we put PaintPriceMarkers in State.Configure, Edge?
            Doh! .. Didn't try that because of the errors I was getting elsewhere, but yes, that does seem to work.. OK, so guess there is my work around.. Not a great/best solution but at least it's something.. Thanks

Would still like to know if there has been any further discussion in possibly allowing us to set that property in OnRender? and if there is an easy way to reload ninjascript thru code?

-=Edge=-

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post
              Doh! .. Didn't try that because of the errors I was getting elsewhere, but yes, that does seem to work.. OK, so guess there is my work around.. Not a great/best solution but at least it's something.. Thanks

Would still like to know if there has been any further discussion in possibly allowing us to set that property in OnRender? and if there is an easy way to reload ninjascript thru code?

What about a functionality similar to SendKeys of WinForms to send "F5"?
              ninZa

Comment

What about a functionality similar to SendKeys of WinForms to send "F5"?
                Sure, that's possible, and rather easy to do.. Although I don't particularly like that practice as you are now going to limit a user in the customization of their hotkeys.. Haven't had to do it yet, and would prefer not to have to do it at all..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Sure, that's possible, and rather easy to do.. Although I don't particularly like that practice as you are now going to limit a user in the customization of their hotkeys.. Haven't had to do it yet, and would prefer not to have to do it at all..

Of couse we just do that as the last resort. However, it's fortunate that F5 is a popular hot key that almost every user uses.

You said "that's possible, and rather easy to do". Can you provide more details of your approach? Perhaps Win32 SendInput, or SendWait?

Thanks.
                  ninZa

Comment

Have you experimented with ReloadAllHistoricalData(), despite its caveats?

ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...44&postcount=3

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                      Have you experimented with ReloadAllHistoricalData(), despite its caveats?
                      Haven't yet, but if I find out for sure there is no other way to remove those pesky price markers other than reloading ninjascript, I will try that out.. Thanks for the suggestion..

-=Edge=-

Comment

You said "that's possible, and rather easy to do". Can you provide more details of your approach? Perhaps Win32 SendInput, or SendWait?
                        SendKeys.SendWait("");

-=Edge=-

Comment

Would still like to know if there has been any further discussion in possibly allowing us to set that property in OnRender? and if there is an easy way to reload ninjascript thru code
                          I did submit this for review SFT-544, the only comments I can see would be that this is not intended to be set from OBU as it is a DataSeries property.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did submit this for review SFT-544, the only comments I can see would be that this is not intended to be set from OBU as it is a DataSeries property.
                            Double Bummer!

-=Edge=-

Comment

PaintPriceMarkers

Please also reference this previous discussion and feature request.

Thanks!
                              Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                              jeronymite
                              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKoRn