Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback Connection Freezes

Okay,

I have tried a lot of different things, but I cannot get the Playback connection to work properly. It seems to freeze either immediately (doesn't play a single tick) or freezes after a few minutes.

I have downloaded Historical data from NTBroker, had some market replay data that got converted with the NT8 installation from NT7. I have tried both modes of playback. I have even tried closing all workspaces, creating a new one and having no charts or other instrument subscribers open.

In all cases, the Playback doesn't start or freezes a few minutes in. I have capture a screen shot of the typical behavior. I have left the connection open for 30 mins or more to see if it is doing something in the background, but nothing. No errors are reported in the log either.

I am at a lost, not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Beta3

I see others have brought up issues with Playback. I will hold off until BETA3:

Comment

Glad you found that post - playback is one of our biggest priorities to have improved in Beta 3.
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Beta3

Hi Matt,

I have tried this again in BETA3 and it still doesn't seem to do anything. Was this fixed in BETA3?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NJA_MC View Post
          Hi Matt,

I have tried this again in BETA3 and it still doesn't seem to do anything. Was this fixed in BETA3?

Thanks
          Depends on what you mean by fixed.

It appears to no longer play out of order, and the charts match NT7 for replay data, and doesn't stop on 12/31 before midnight.

But I have issues selecting the start date...It sometimes takes and sometimes doesn't.

Comment

Hi Matt,

Thanks
            Just to expand on what I mentioned - I removed all my data and let it import from NT7 again for Beta3. I suspect part of the issue was the import part.

Comment

Best I can do is to connect to Playback, I can modify dates in the range box and start the playback but nothing happens, "Time stands still" if you will.

Comment

Hello NJA_MC,

Thank you for your response.

When connected to the Playback Connection, is Market Replay or Historical selected for the Playback controller? If you switch between the two, does one work and not the other?

Under Tools > Historical Data > do you have the Market Replay and/or Historical Data for the dates and instruments you wish to playback?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                  Hello NJA_MC,

Thank you for your response.

When connected to the Playback Connection, is Market Replay or Historical selected for the Playback controller? If you switch between the two, does one work and not the other?

Under Tools > Historical Data > do you have the Market Replay and/or Historical Data for the dates and instruments you wish to playback?
                  I have tried both, but cleaned up my system thinking it imported bad data from the NT7 setup so I don't have much tick replay data. I have been trying the Historical. By default now when I open that connection the Historical seems to be selected. Both have the same problem, "time" just doesn't move forward. Also when I change the Dates, I would expect the chart or something to reset and this doesn't happen.

I have been trying to download new Historical Data from NTBroker but that process seems to through an exception on me, that is under a different thread.

Comment

Hello NJA_MC,

Thank you for your update.

Can you send us your Log and Trace concerning this case? Please reference this thread: "http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=75578"

Comment

Good point!

I noticed the same thing. For my case, once I move the nob to fast-forward things, the bars doesn't update, but looking at the actual time for the playback does show time moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by BernWillChris View Post
                        I noticed the same thing. For my case, once I move the nob to fast-forward things, the bars doesn't update, but looking at the actual time for the playback does show time moving forward.
                        Where is your DATA from?

Comment

It was the EUR/USD pair from a few months back using the data provided within NJ8.
                          To be more helpful, here is my path:

Tools >> Historical Data >> Load >> Get Market Replay Data.

Comment

I have tried both, but cleaned up my system thinking it imported bad data from the NT7 setup so I don't have much tick replay data. I have been trying the Historical. By default now when I open that connection the Historical seems to be selected. Both have the same problem, "time" just doesn't move forward. Also when I change the Dates, I would expect the chart or something to reset and this doesn't happen.

I have been trying to download new Historical Data from NTBroker but that process seems to through an exception on me, that is under a different thread.
                            Pretty much my experience, that I reported from Beta1. That post of mine was completely ignored, and now seems to actually have disappeared from the forum, so I suppose must have been deleted by an administrator.

Comment

Playback had to be major implementation changes in beta 3 so any old reports are not of value since a lot of the code for playback had to be updated to fix some critical bugs.

As such we must treat any new issue on playback with Beta 3 as unrelated issue from prior betas.

For BernWillChris post this is expected if there is no data to playback. The time in the top right of the playback control will scrub through the day even if there is no data to play. Make sure you have data available for that time by right clicking on the playback control and selecting "Available Data". If it still is not playing then please let me know what instrument, time frame, what window you have selected and if you downloaded data from NinjaTrader historical data servers and any other data that might help reproduce so we could isolate further.

For NJA_MC post this is very strange and I'm never able to reproduce that the time in the playback control never updates. If you sent logs to Patrick can you please also send your contact information so we could try a remote session to look into that issue further since that is a very strange issue we wanted to look into with priority.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes