Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DataSeries

See the attached ScreenShots.

This is not possible in Ninja Trader 8. Why..?
    Attached Files

DataSeries (now Series<T>) has been completely reworked under the hood. The property you mention was never supported and was not exposed in NT8 as there was not a known use case.

If you can kindly let us know how/why you were using that we can either provide a workaround, or we can revisit with our development team if this property should be available again in NT8
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

DataSeries

I have a different kind of requirement where the condition is evaluated at runtime. For this scenario, I cannot hard code or provide condition while creating my own indicator. For example, the below condition will not be given in Indicator class and is not compiled in advance.

SMA(14)[0][0] > SMA(21)[0][0] and (CCI(10)[0][0] < CCI(20)[0][0] or Bollinger(2,14)[0][0] > High[0])

In my application, there is a textbox, where the user can type the above condition. I evaluate this expression at runtime using Reflection. Therefore, SMA, CCI or Bollinger(whatever the user selects) will be stored in DataSeries variable and compared with each other(in NinjaTrader 7).

For example, it works in a loop. In loop's first iteration, DataSeries variable holds the first condition(SMA(14)[0][0] > SMA(21)[0][0])

DataSeries ds1; // Holds SMA(14)
      DataSeries ds2; // Holds SMA(21)

In code, I evaluate expression like below

if(ds1.Indicator.Values[0][0] > ds2.Indicator.Values[0][0])
      {
      return true;
      }

Next, in the loop's second iteration, as like the above, CCI will be compared and the third iteration, Bollinger values will be compared.

Is there an equivalent type for DataSeries in NT8 that could hold the information of Indicator a runtime? How do I also decide the Plot and LookBackPeriod at runtime?

Comment

Thanks for your clarification, however I'm not sure why you would need a data series for this project. If you do not know the indicator type on complication, you can just use a generic Indicator object

Code:
        Indicator indicator1;
        Indicator indicator2;
        Then after the user inputs the expression, you can assign that indicator to an SMA or CCI, or what have you at that time.

Code:
        indicator1 = SMA(20);
        indicator2 = CCI(20);
        Then you can get the indicator value using

Code:
        if(indicator1[0] > indicator2[0])
        {
         return true;
        }
        Please let me know if there is something with this approach that does not work for you.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post bltdavid  
        Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes