External dll reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External dll reference

In NT7 it was possible to export ninjascript which has external dll references.
    Does this not working anymore in NT8?
    What exactly is the purpose of the Ninjascript Editor > Add > References window ? Nothing show up there and not possible to add anything to it either.

Hello,

The Export in NT8 is very similar to how NT7 works currently.

If you are exporting a script that uses a extra reference that were added through the Ninjascript Editor > Add > References window, it does show a checkbox in the Export Wizard allowing you to include the AdditionalRefereces.txt file in the resulting zip.

This does not include the referenced dll file inside the zip, but adds the txt file which is used to update the references on the computer this is being imported on.

It also prompts to let you know, you will need to import the reference or add it to the references window to be able to import the indicator. Aside from the added checkbox in the wizard, this would all be the same process as it is currently.

Did you try something that was not working or have had different results in exporting an item? If so can you provide details on the steps you took or provide an example of what is happening?

The Ninjascript Editor > Add > References window is for adding other .dll or libraries to NinjaTrader so they can be referenced in the scripts you create, without this you would be unable to use dll files that are not already defined in NinjaTrader.

You said that your window is blank, is this all the time or was this a one time occurrence after restarting? I would like to try and re produce this on my end if possible.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

export reference

Hello Jesse,

Please see the attachment.
      It contains a sample dll and an indicator that using the dll.
      After you manually import the files (copy the indicator to the indicators directory, and add the dll reference in the ninjascript editor), you can check that the export process will show "CS0246 The type or namespace not found".
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for providing the example.

I see that this assembly fails to load in NT8 64bit, but does load in X32. can you tell me, was this assembly created and exported from NinjaTrader or was this compiled outside of NinjaTrader?

It seems the assembly is targeted at 32 bit only and not all cpus, if this was created and exported from NinjaTrader can you outline the steps you took and which version you were using of the platform?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

merge

Please merge this topic with
          NinjaTrader 8 Beta > Issue and Bug Reports > NinjaTrader Export Claims I'm missing an Assembly Reference

That discuss the same problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rene69851  
          Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes