Panning chart via left mouse button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panning chart via left mouse button

This is something I'm not seeing in NT8. I'm used to simply scroll my chart right/left by clicking with my left mouse button and dragging the chart. Can that please be re-enabled? Apologies if that has already been reported.

Originally posted by molecool View Post
    This is something I'm not seeing in NT8. I'm used to simply scroll my chart right/left by clicking with my left mouse button and dragging the chart. Can that please be re-enabled? Apologies if that has already been reported.
    hmmm.. working here.. Also added was dual axis chart pan.. hold control key down click drag.. moves both left/right - up/down..

-=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post
      hmmm.. working here.. Also added was dual axis chart pan.. hold control key down click drag.. moves both left/right - up/down..

Is that a new thing? I don't need to hold down the CTRL key on NT7. Anyway, for me that's a deviation from NT7 UI behavior.

Comment

Works the same as always

Hi molecool, the original chart grab/scroll left/right is unchanged from NT7 and still works the same. Additionally you can use the Ctrl key to allow scrolling in all directions. You may have a problem with your install.

Dan
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
          Hi molecool, the original chart grab/scroll left/right is unchanged from NT7 and still works the same. Additionally you can use the Ctrl key to allow scrolling in all directions. You may have a problem with your install.

Dan
          Hi Dan - do you by any chance have a second Windows system? Can you try to replicate this via RDP? I have an inkling some of the issues I'm reporting may be RDP related.

BTW, I'm on Windows 7 - that's probably important to keep in mind as well.

Comment

I just tested it on my local system and it works fine. So again this seems to be an RDP related issue. Can you guys confirm that on your end please? It seems that the WARP API has some RDP issues. I use RDP extensively and have not experienced any issues on my other apps, including NT7. Anyway, let's see if you guys can replicate the issue on your end.

Comment

Thanks for bringing to our attention. We have not seen this behavior before but will test again via RDP based on your report. If we need more information about your environment, we'll be sure to be in touch.
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I have the same behavior in RDP: it's working as expected with a Windows 2012 R2 host, it's not working with a Windows 2008 R2 host.

Comment

Originally posted by sam028 View Post
                  I have the same behavior in RDP: it's working as expected with a Windows 2012 R2 host, it's not working with a Windows 2008 R2 host.
                  FYI - my remote systems run Windows 7 - so it's affecting at least two Windows version.

Comment

Originally posted by molecool View Post
                    FYI - my remote systems run Windows 7 - so it's affecting at least two Windows version.
                    Probably the same issue, especially on x64. Windows Server 2008 R2 is just the server version of Windows 7.

Comment

Originally posted by sam028 View Post
                      Would it be possible for you to check color depth settings on your RDPs and report back?

Also please try to set it to 32 bit if possible.

Thanks.

Edit: Currently, at least 24 bit color depth is required, on 16 bit you will get the issues you have reported in this thread. We are looking into this further
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Art; 05-12-2015, 11:11 AM.
                      ArtSenior Software Developer

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by LiamTwine, Today, 08:10 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post LiamTwine  
                      Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes