UI inconsistency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UI inconsistency

In Windows 8 the NT8 skin looks heavy. It seems like NT8 developed in windows 7, and never really considered that win8 system skin is full flat.
    Within a few months windows 10 come, it would be logical to follow the flat trend, and roll out NT8 with a flat skin as default, it would be even better if it would be possible to set the theme to "use system default", so it would use the running OS theme.

The menu options are bold , which looks too strong, moreover the menu background is gray, which provide too little contrast, and gives a somewhat blurry effect, make the menu items hard to read.

On a single chart I counted at least 5 different font size, it would make sense to match these, and let the user modify if they want.

The various control elements: The tab height, the buttons height, the control box, the checkbox height, the scroll bar height,the labels height are also all different, these should also be matched to get a consistent look.

The form buttons (close,minimize, maximize) are heavily outdated, see on the attached image the visual studio control buttons as an up to date reference.

As for general usage: There are a huge number of options everywhere, even on context menus , it feels like the NT7 simplicity is lost. I would suggest to create an "easy mode" and an "advanced mode",
    where the easy mode would hide most of the menu items and selection , geared toward to look similar to the NT7 menus , and the advanced mode would show the current complex menu items,selections.

Windows in general: It is strange that the windows top area was trimmed as much as possible , while the windows bottom area, with the tabs are let loose, big tab height, with sizeable space below it. It would make sense to match the height of the bottom tab area and the height of the toolbar at the top.

Hello Christi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

I will forward you suggestions to our development team.

Comment

Christi,

Thanks for your constructive criticisms.

Have you taken a look at the Slate Grey skin which can be changed in Control Center > Tools > Options. This skin answers some of your feedback I feel but of course not all of it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post lightsun47  
      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post 00nevest