Details on symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Details on symbols

ZW & ZC have the same detail numbers which loads just the wheat contract.
    0.3206.1322+143.98 What are the numbers for ZC, 1322 is not correct.

Thanks,
    Frank

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please clarify which data provider you are presently using, and can you please clarify what you mean by detail numbers.

With that information I can further test this issue.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Symbols

I'm using IB data, data is correct on IB charts but appears that I getting ZW & ZC same charts with Ninja charts. I was looking at the URL in the NT instrument mananger and the details for the symbols are the same. I'm assuming that IB is reading from the NT detail list for the symbol.

Thanks,
      Frank

Comment

Hi Frank,

Thank you for that clarification.

Can you please go to Help-->About and then please check the version you are using.

If you are using Ninjatrader 6.5 please make sure that the version is 6.5.1000.18.
        If you are using NinjaTrader 7 please make sure that the version is 7.0.0.23.

If you are using alternate versions please go to Help-->Download site and then upgrade to the appropriate current version.

Then please reset your instruments from the Tools-->Options-->Misc (for 6.5) or the Tools-->Options-->Data (for 7).

You will then want to create new charts for the ZW and ZC and see the values since the default settings should be correct.

If not can you please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and then find the ZW and ZC contracts and hit the Edit button. In the ensuing window please navigate the Misc tab and then let me know the symbol mappings for IB.

Comment

Hi Ryan...I have ver:7.0.0.23 did reset and created new charts. If you go into the instrument manager and look up the URL: for both ZW & ZC their code details are the same. Whenever they were coded they received the same numbers. (0.3206.1322+143.98) shouldn't be the same.

Thanks,
          Frank

Comment

Hi Frank,

Can you please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager within NinjaTrader and then find the ZW contract and highlight and hit the Edit button.

In the ensuing window please set the symbol mapping to ZW|ECBOT and then please repeat the steps for the ZC contract except use the ZC|ECBOT symbol.

Once you have made those changes please re-add the instrument to a list by highlighting the instrument and then hitting the '<' button.

Comment

Sir, the root settings for ZW and ZC are identical...indistinquishable...one of the root numbers is wrong.
              (http://www.cbot/pub/cont_detail/0.32...2+14398.00htmI These have to be different, otherwise they continue to be the same contract prices. Please look at the edit numbers in the manager and you will see what I'm talking about.
              Regards,
              Frank

Comment

Hi Frank,

Those details links are not where IB pulls data from, but since they do reference the same contracts they lead to same location, but it does not affect how the data is quoted in NInjaTrader.

What you will want to do is make sure that the symbol is defined correctly in the Misc tab under IB, which for ZW should read ZW|ECBOT and for ZC should be ZC|ECBOT.

I have forwarded the links you provided to development to resolve the locations of those particular contracts, but if you are interested in those different links you can update them manually with:

ZW:
                Find information for Chicago SRW Wheat Futures Contract Specs provided by CME Group. View Contract Specs

ZC:

Comment

Thanks Ryan.

Frank

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by patrickmlee007, Today, 09:33 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes