.NET Framework current version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.NET Framework current version?

does beta 23 require 4.0 version of .NET Framework to run optimally?

I ask this as I am getting different performance from beta 23 on two different computers....one running Visa with 3.5 .NET and the other a laptop running Windows 7 Starter with no .NET listed under Programs

I am being cautious before changing both to 4.0...please advise

thanks

ATI user, I will have someone get back to you tomorrow.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ATI user View Post

I ask this as I am getting different performance from beta 23 on two different computers....one running Visa with 3.5 .NET and the other a laptop running Windows 7 Starter with no .NET listed under Programs

thanks
      Please do n o t install under no circumstances .NET 4.0. I have tried to install three times, result :
      Nothin' was goin' on anymore. .NET 3.5 damaged, Silverlight damaged, CPU overflow, task - symbols do not appear anymore and with the third install even the antivir pro- gramm was damaged so, that I had to initialize a new installation. It was a desaster.
      At last I had to replace silverlight and anything of .NET by an complete new installation
      with all the updates. I cannot believe until today, what I have seen there and : I'm not beginner.
      When starting installation of 4.0 the first time, I was convinced to get the newest ver- sion with newest features and enhancements, newest technologie and so on simular to java, when delivering their newest versions from time to time, with 4.0 it was an error..
      Regards
      Klaus
      Last edited by Klaus; 11-07-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

thanks Klaus

before reading your post, I installed 4.0 on my laptop (that did not have any .net framework showing in Programs list) and it had no effect on anything...i.e. did not help with NT beta 23 issues and did not harm anything else that I notice so far

Comment

Reading, that there was no harm to your machine, I'm really interested to expirience, what's happened, when I tried to install 4.0 - because : The last time I started the installation, I removed all other .NET programms but the damage came despite of all that.
          So my last question is : What's the difference, what the reason ? I actually have no answer.
          Regards
          Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by ATI user View Post

thanks
            Both should work fine according to our experiences - Win7 would be simply highly performing likely then a comparable Vista machine.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              Both should work fine according to our experiences - Win7 would be simply highly performing likely then a comparable Vista machine.
              please see this post showing differences

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by AdamDJ8, 05-07-2024, 09:18 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post -=Edge=-  
              Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
              46 responses
              3 likes