Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Suggest ability to keep price in view on charts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggest ability to keep price in view on charts.

I would like to see an enhancement for charting that is similar to the way price behaves on the superdom. On the SuperDom, price can move up and down the ladder until it reaches an end where the SuperDom resets so that price is centered. I suggest that ability be given to charts while in NON-auto format, so that the active price bar can move within the chart view until it reaches the bottom or top where it will center and start over again. This way orders on chart trader can be managed more quickly without having to adjust the chart in a fast moving market.

Hi Handycraft,

Thank you for your post.

The chart actually already includes this automatic scaling feature. What's likely occurred is that a fixed scale for your chart has been defined.

Please look for a 'F' button in the upper right corner of your chart. If you see this button, press it to return the chart to automatic scaling.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hi Handycraft,

Thank you for your post.

The chart actually already includes this automatic scaling feature. What's likely occurred is that a fixed scale for your chart has been defined.

Please look for a 'F' button in the upper right corner of your chart. If you see this button, press it to return the chart to automatic scaling.
      Sorry for not making myself clear. I run my chart in fixed mode most of the time so that the perspective or zoom level of the chart does not change according to how the price bars fill the chart. The only disadvantage with this is that price bars can move out of view requiring the user to continually adjust the price into view if he wants to keep the same perspective.

Comment

Hi Handycraft,

This is as we would expect when using fixed scaling. I will forward your feedback on to my development team for further consideration, however.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hi Handycraft,

This is as we would expect when using fixed scaling. I will forward your feedback on to my development team for further consideration, however.
          Another way this could be done is to have the ability to define the size a tick is displayed on the chart using properties. An option could be added to display each tick as a size on the cart. For example, a tick defined as 1/8" would mean that each 8 ticks would look like 1" on the chart and price would center when it ran to the edge of the chart.

Comment

I (and I am sure others) have been "wishing" that it would have been the correct behavior of "Fixed" style chart. Now one has to move the chart manually to get this result as price moves to the edge of the chart and also agree with Handycraft's suggestion of giving users the OPTION in "Fixed" mode to automatically center as price "nears" the edge of the chart keeping the aspect ratio of ticks to space on the chart the same to what user had (whether directly set by user by clicking on the y axis or by provided option in the chart properties box) when the price moved to the edge of the chart.

Comment

Hi warrior,

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward this on to my development team for further consideration.

Comment

This would be awesome...if it could be turned on or off

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by reynoldsn, Today, 07:23 AM
                4 responses
                1 like
                Last Post reynoldsn  
                Started by bee1943, Today, 09:55 AM