Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Duplicated Orders

Hi

I've started trading my cash account with NT7, and I use Chart Trader instead of a DOM. On my last order the initial order was accepted, filled, and the automated stop and target were placed correctly. I moved my target to exit the trade. At that point I expected to be flat.

I closed NT7 at which point ninja told me there were two orders in the market! Nothing was showing on the charts. On restarting NT7 it displayed an entry line, stop and target orders. I moved the target to close the position and on reviewing the executions it turned out to be a SIM order.

I can't think of any actions I could have taken to bring about this duplication of orders, however I sure would like to know if there is anything I can do to prevent it happening again.

Rgds
    Paul Turner

Hello Paul,

Could it be you have a shadow strategy selected that submits unexpected orders to the sim101 account? Please see the link below for information regarding shadow strategies.

To check if this could be the case, please click the '...' button in ChartTrader. Subsequently, right click in the ATM Strategy window and enable 'Advanced Options'. Make sure 'Shadow' is set to <None> to ensure no shadow strategy is used.

If the orders are not caused by a shadow strategy, can you please send me your log and trace files for the date of occurrence. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20101028 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20101028 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason

That indeed was the problem. I can't remember switching that on - is it set by default?

Thanks for you help.
      Paul.

Comment

Hello Paul,

Good to hear we found the cause of the issue.

By default shadow strategies are not enabled.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by JGriff5646, Today, 10:02 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post JGriff5646  
        Started by AdamDJ8, Today, 09:18 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes