CPU Usage still too high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU Usage still too high

In fast market with 8 future charts open the CPU usage is between 40-48% With the version 6.5 is below 25% Can you reduce the usage as same as version 6.5? Thanks My PC is: Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00Ghz

Sergio66,

Can you give me an idea of what you would be running in NinjaTrader 6.5 and what you would be running in NinjaTrader 7?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I made some efforts to deal this ..... 3 daily charts (1440 minutes) have not studies and the update interval is at 0.900 ms 2 charts have the update interval at 0.800 ms Only 3 charts have the update interval at 0.100 ms, but days to load are only seven So...?

Comment

Sergio66,

To confirm, you're using only 3 1440 minute charts, none of which contain indicators in both NinjaTrader 6.5 and 7? Is this correct?

If so:
        Which instrument(s) are being charted?
        How many days of historical data are being loaded?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Sergio66,

Can you give me an idea of what you would be running in NinjaTrader 6.5 and what you would be running in NinjaTrader 7?
          Instruments (Charts): ES, NQ, YM, CL, 6E Studies: 5 MA's Ana Pivots AnaCurrentDay OHLC Market analyzer with 12 symbols

Comment

Sergio66,

Are you running custom indicators in either version of the software?

Comment

Sergio66,

To confirm, you're using only 3 1440 minute charts, none of which contain indicators in both NinjaTrader 6.5 and 7? Is this correct?

If so:
              Which instrument(s) are being charted?
              How many days of historical data are being loaded?
              Yes 1440 minute charts have no indicators

Comment

Sergio66,

Please provide me with an image of your workspace. I'm not sure whether or not you're using any indicators as you've told me both yes and no.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Sergio66,

Are you running custom indicators in either version of the software?
                  No, but in v 6.5 i have more indicators notwithstanding the CPU usage is extremely low related to N7

Comment

Sergio66,

Please provide me with an image of your workspace. I'm not sure whether or not you're using any indicators as you've told me both yes and no.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
                    Here's the picture
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sergio66,

Can you provide me with an image of your NinjaTrader 6.5 setup as well?

Comment

Sergio66,

Can you provide me with an image of your NinjaTrader 6.5 setup as well?
                        Yes

here's the image
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Sergio66,

So that we can get a better idea of what is occurring, I need you to take the following steps:

Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Workspaces folder, create a new folder and move all files to that new folder, then do the same in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder.

Next, I'll need you to open NinjaTrader and create a new workspace which uses only a single chart and no indicators. Once you have this chart up, check your CPU usage.
                          Next, create the same workspace for NinjaTrader 7 and run the same check.

Please let me know what figures you see with this more limited setup.

Comment

I am also having serious problems with CPU usage. Example: I am updating my historical data (default settings for 1 week) with the historical data manager. My PC has a high end CPU with 8 cores. CPU usage starts low and then gradually moves up to 99% for all 8 cores. At this stage nothing works anymore. It seems that loading historical data has stopped all together. At the same time RAM utilization is low with a system commit of about 50% of RAM. No data is written to the hard disk. Private Bytes and Working Set is mostly frozen This historical data download is simply not working, but NinjaTrader is somehow processing the data in loops without getting the job of downloading data done. The problem does not depend on internet connection or antivirus programs. I have tested the behavior my antivirus program deactivated and with different internet connections.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Bidder
                            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes