Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HeikenAshi

Hi

Does anybody have HeikenAshi for NT7 that is able to show 0 shadow around the coloured body whilst still having tails?

Thanks

Hello poeds,

Unfortunately I am not aware of such a Heiken Ashi indicator. The Version 7 - Indicators section does contain the Heiken Ashi Smoothed v1.2.

You could create a custom indicators yourself or contact any of the supported NinjaScript consultants at the following link.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

Sorry i went to d/l the file u suggested was ok
      then went to import Ninjascript and got an error message saying that i had ninjascripts with programming errors on my pc and that they had to be resolved before i installed this one

what now?

Comment

Unfortunately the error indicates your current NinjaScript files contains errors, which need to be resolved before you can import new NinjaScript files.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are located after compiling any indicator or strategy. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you’re wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator or strategy, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one.

1) Open NinjaTrader
        2) Go to Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
        3) Select any indicator and double click on it.
        4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and select Compile - all NinjaScript files will now be compiled
        5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations. Double click the error and you will be directed to the location of the error.
        6) From there you have the option to debug the indicator or remove it. You can delete NinjaScript files via Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator/Strategy, highlight it and select Delete

You can find general debug information at the link below.

Comment

Ok did that but couldnt delete dodgy ones there are about 12 of them
          now i cant access them again as they are all compiled
          I remembered their names, all began with microtrend or CCI but they seem to be called something else in the list of indicators
          why was i allowed to install bad indicators?
          just need to delete them

Comment

You cannot import 'bad' indicators in NinjaTrader - it would throw an error upon importing stating the file is not valid. Likely some change caused the indicators to be broken.

What happens when you try to delete the indicators?

You can compile your NinjaScript files again to check which files contain the errors. There is no harm in compiling your NinjaScript files.

In addition, you could perform the following workaround as well. Note that you will lose all custom and third party NinjaScript files.

Create a backup file with 'NinjaScript files' unchecked(!).

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder. Do not delete the NinjaTrader backup folder(!).

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 7 at the link below.

Restore your settings and you should be able to import new NinjaScript files again.

Comment

i tried to compile again and it just deals with the file selected and doesnt do the lot and give the erroneous list at the bottom
              most of the bad ones are MT something but they dont show up in the list of indicators as shown in edit indicators
              where is there a complete list of indicators that i can get at to delete
              thanks

Comment

Usually, all indicators are listed at Control Center-->Tools-->Edit NinjaScript. Perhaps these custom or 3rd party indicators somehow are not displayed there. Can you please check if you can remove the indicators with errors via Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Remove NinjaScript Assembly?

If the issue remains, could you please send me a screenshot that displays the compile errors.

Comment

file/utilities/remove assembly
                  gives error remove failed you have custom assemblies that have programming errors or similar

dont get me wrong I know its not your fault but this situation is nonsense
                  i want to remove a messed up indicator and i dont want to be told by NT that i cant remove the indicator cos its messed up
                  i will struggle on but can you ask those who as supposed to have logical brains to fix it in 23 please
                  ie file/show indicators/delete
                  and as NT is aware that one/some are messed up perhaps these can be marked in some way
                  i cant look at compiled stuff sorry. indicator = good ok indicator=bad delete
                  thanks

Comment

You can use the workaround I posted at post #6 as well, however you will lose all 3rd party and custom indicator/strategies.

If you provide a screenshot of the compile errors, I might be able to provide you a different fix.

Unfortunately you can only add NinjaScript files and remove NinjaScript assemblies if all existing NinjaScript files are error free. If there is an error in one of your NinjaScript files, you cannot add any NinjaScript file or remove any NinjaScript assembly. Unfortunately this will not be changed.

Comment

ok you win
                      i will reinstall zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

poeds, the reason for the approach we have is performance - all scripts are compiled into one custom assembly providing you the highest possible execution efficiency at runtime.
                        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Fair enough, you know best.
                          Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by SnailHorn, 05-02-2024, 10:49 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post SnailHorn