Why do charts reload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do charts reload?

I have a kinetick connection on Ninja which i connect to first, then I use Zenfire for L2 data and trading( Im using the 64 bit version and connection)... But when i connect to zen after i connect to kinetick, all my charts reload. I think its switching to zen for historical/live data, which is something its not suppose to do, nor its something i want.

I have the latest beta, kinetick first connection, zen second connection, on the 64 bit version on ninja on win7 64 bit.
    Last edited by playafh69; 10-09-2010, 03:29 PM.

Hello playafh69,

Please see the link below for information when using multiple connections simultaneously in NinjaTrader.

Could it be your Kinetick connection does not support historical data for the instruments and period types selected in the charts, so when you connect to Zen-Fire second it will load historical data from Zen-Fire?

If you connect to Kinetick first, real-time data will be received from Kinetick.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No. its for the ES. Kinetick offers more historical data than zenfire, you should know that since their both your products..... I actually went back to the account connections settings for ninja and i set historical data to off. That stopped the reloading. Im currently checking to see if its still getting live data from zenfire even though its the second connection. This might be a bug. If its reproducible, you guys need to correct it. It should automatically get historical data from kinetick without me having to change any settings. The charts were going back only 5 days, kinetick offers 30 days of tick data.

Comment

Yes, I am aware that Kinetick offers more data, but I do not get your point with this statement. Please note that you can also have a Kinetick subscription that only provides Nymex data.

Please note that NinjaTrader retrieves real-time data from the first connection. Only when the first connection does not support an instrument type (stock, future, index, forex), NinjaTrader will retrieve real-time data from the second connection.

I tested 2 charts while connected to Kinetick - Zen-Fire. I started NinjaTrader and created the charts before connecting. Subsequently I connected to Kinetick and the requested data was loaded. Then, I connected to Zen-Fire, however it did not reload any data. Are you able to reproduce this? If so, please tell me what exact steps you perform.

As per the amount of historical data, please ensure the Data Series menu is setup to request the historical data you like.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 10-11-2010, 10:22 AM.

Comment

I will try again after market close. I had to manually set historical data to off on zenfire. Was yours off from before? Its set to reload historical data by default. When I had IQ feed before, then I connected to zenfire, it did not reload the charts, with kinetick it did. I did this using ninja 7 beta 22 64 bit version( not 32 bit) with 64 bit zenfire connection as well. Was it reproducible on your end using the 64 bit version and connection?

Comment

Historical data is enabled as per my Zen-Fire connection when I tested.

Could it be it was still loading historical data from Kinetick when you connected to Zen-Fire? How did you determine that the historical data was loaded from Zen-Fire?

Unfortunately I do not have a 64 bit machine available on my end. Please let me know if the issue recurs after the close and I will check with a colleague that has a 64 bit machine available.

Comment

I couldn't replicate it this time for some reason. The data wasn't loading from kinetick when i connected to ninja, im pretty sure of that. I was testing different broker connections after the kinetick already loaded. TT connected fine, but zenfire caused the charts to reload for some reason( all my ES charts, The ym and TF charts didn't since they had ##-## as the contract expiry, while the ES was 12-10).

Comment

if you can, ask someone to try it on their 64 bit machine. I don't know what caused it last time, but i'd like to know if there's something causing it.

Thanks again

Comment

playafh69,

The only times NT would ever request data to load is as outlined in this article: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

To know why something loaded would be necessary for you to think back on the data available at the point of connection and the time of connection to see which rule was applicable for loading of the data.
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please look at this thread since they're related...

Thank You

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Creamers, 04-27-2024, 05:32 AM
                    9 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Creamers  
                    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, 04-29-2024, 03:40 PM
                    19 responses
                    0 likes