Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connectivity Problems Inside VMware Player

Hi,

I run NT 7.22 inside of VMware Player on my computer that has Windows 7. I do this because I have an indicator that only works with XP so I'm running XP inside of the VMware player. Since I started using this indicator (within the past few days), I have been having data feed connectivity issues when running NT 7 inside of VMware Player. I will randomly lose connectivity from time to time and then will usually reconnect. Right now however, I can't connect at all and my NT 7 is "not responding." Which I'm not too happy about because I'm trying to access some optimization results that were just running for the last 20 hours and I can't access them (side question - any way to recover these if I force close NT?). Additionally, when NT has data fee connectivity problems the internet inside and outside of VMware Player is working just great. So it seems to be some sort of bug within NT 7. Do you have any suggestions? Should I uninstall NT 7 and go back to 6.5 for the time being? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Eric

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your note.

Could you clarify for me whether the disconnections and freezes continue if this custom indicator is removed?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

When you say removed, do you mean taken off the chart or delete the Ninja Scripts out of NT?

If it is the first, I didn't have any charts open. I just had the control center up and the strategy analyzer. The strategy analyzer, however, was using the custom indicator in the optimization process.

Let me know. Thank you for the help.

Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,

Sorry for the confusion - to be clear, I'm asking about removing the indicator from NinjaTrader completely.

Comment

No problem. I have removed the custom indicators completely from NT 7 and I have restarted NT 7 a fews times. It is still having intermittent connectivity problems. I have attached a screen shot of my log so that you can you. Also, when I open up NT 7, it takes about 4-7 minutes for it to load and for me to see the control center. And that is only opening the control center and no charts. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
          Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,

I'm not sure if VMWare itself is responsible - officially, this is not a supported setup. Could you try installing NT on the native operating system just to determine if the same issues with connectivity are present?

Comment

I just reinstalled it in windows 7 and it works great. No connectivity problems and it opens quickly.

Comment

ejflash,

Then it must be something with the VMWare configuration itself. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions on how to configure VMWare. My suggestion would be to install XP on a stand-alone PC and run NinjaTrader from there, or ask that the developer of the indicator upgrade the code to be compatible with Win7.

Comment

Thank you for your help and suggestions. I will see what I can do.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by leonardomocci, Today, 08:28 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                  Started by wuannetraam, Today, 08:20 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB