Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V7.0.0.22 Problem in compiling scripts

My system is XP x64
    The boot harddisk is F drive (Not C drive)

When I try to compile the Ninjatrader scripts,
    it gots errors saying that cannot find the DLLs.

The main problem is the compiler try to find the DLLs at a wrong directory
    "C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin"

According to my system configuration, the correct directory should be
    "F:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin"

Hope that the problem can be fixed in next version.

B.rgds.,
    Robert

Robert, is this a new error/occurrence? When did you start receiving this message? If you have a C: drive listed in your computer, please try just creating the listed folder and putting the .dlls in the folder and see if you can "trick" NinjaTrader into using the correct .dlls.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Austin,

I first found this problem in beta 20.

Yes, I have a C: drive, installed another OS.
      I've also tried to create the folder and copied all files to C: drive and the problem fixed.
      The compiler can works.

I believed it is only the default directory problem. The compiler does not check the installed directory before doing any compiling.

B.rgds.,
      Robert

Comment

Hello,

Here is what most likely occured. You most likely have NinjaTrader 7 installed to the standard directory and then you installed NinjaTrader 7 to your new location with either an update or a uninstall and then reinstall to the new directory.

The paths for the compiler to find these files are called references and are stored in your My Documents->NinjaTrader 7 folder. This file and path is not overwritten when you change the directory as these are were your settings are and we do not want to change these settings and they are kept on the PC even when you uninstall NinjaTrader.

Therefor this would require you to change the references if this happens, To do this you would follow the below instructions:

This indicates that you need to remove these 2 references and then re add them since they have changed.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
        Open NinjaTrader
        From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
        Select an indicator and double click on it.
        A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select References.
        From there please remove the following files with the box drawn around them in the picture I have attached.

Then select the Add button and then add the following 2 files back to the references list:

You will want to change C:\Program Files to your custom installation directory.

C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\NinjaTrader.Core.dll
        C:\Program Files\Ninjatrader 6.5\bin\WilsonORMapper.dll

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

HI Brett,

Thanks for you advice!

The compiler works now.
          The references in my case is "F:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin"

By the way, I'm running the v7 Beta22 64-bit,
          And I found that there is files for x86 (files in "bin" folder) and x64 (files in "bin64" folder).

Is it need to change the references to "F:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64"?
          When I'm running 64-bit version?

Thanks and B.rgds.,
          Robert

Comment

Robert, no you would not need to change references - you can either run the NT7 32 or 64 bit version and NT would call them as needed.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Zeezee, Today, 12:45 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Zeezee
            by Zeezee

Started by swjake, Today, 12:04 PM
            2 responses