Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 not finding instruments

I am following this video

in NT7 Instrument Manager but NT7 is not able to find the instruments I search under "Name" ....nothing comes up, I tried Stocks, Futures, Currency. I tried the same steps in NT6.5 to verify if I was doing something wrong and worked perfectly there. Please advice. I am connected to IB data feed in both versions.
    Thanks

designer, please take a look at the help guide for NinjaTrader 7 for searching instruments. The link you provided is from NinjaTrader 5, which was quite a few years ago. If you are looking for symbols that start with 'E', please just enter 'E', without the *.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Where are the new help videos for Ninja Trader 7 now?
      The instructions from NT7 help files are basically the same as V5video link I mentioned.
      I am still not able to search any instrument when I click the "Search" Button in Instrument Manager in NT7.
      I am connected to IB as it is shown on my Control Center on the Lower Left.
      Last edited by designer; 09-26-2010, 12:33 AM.

Comment

designer, the new videos are available through the help guide. Can you please list the exact steps you're taking that provide you with no results? I just searched for E, like in the help files, and everything turned up as expected.
        Attached Files

Comment

I installed NT7 in another computer and I am still not able to search any instrument when I click the "Search" Button in Instrument Manager in NT7.
          I am connected to IB as it is shown on my Control Center on the Lower Left.
          It showed the instruments the first time after installation but gave an error message and after that no instrument showing any more. Please advice. Thanks

Comment

designer, what was the error message it showed?

Comment

It just said Ninja Trader encounter an error and and it was saved to the error log. How do I retreve the error log to send you?
              Thanks

Comment

designer,

You can use the "Mail to Support" option in the Help menu and check the log and traces. In the email please include a link to this forum thread. Thank you.
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

To send the log and trade files please send the following files to support at ninjatrader dot com and attach them with your email program and put ATTN: Brett in the subject line and I will look into this.

You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to a return email as an attachment

My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.201001004 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.2010051004 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Files sent.
                    Thanks

Comment

Unsure where to ask this basic question so I will do so here.
                      I have been using NT 6.5 for quite a while and am now trying to change over to NT7. My first problem is trying to figure out which of the options for charting is for forex? It gives ES, FDAX, NQ, TF, YM, ZB, DOW, NASDAQ, RSS and SP. How do I get it to chart for Currency?
                      Sorry if this is too basic but I really don't know.
                      Thank you
                      Last edited by bowas; 10-08-2010, 02:18 AM.

Comment

bowas,

You can just type in the forex pair you want to see in the top left. Please see here for more information on navigating and using the Data Series window.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                          bowas,

You can just type in the forex pair you want to see in the top left. Please see here for more information on navigating and using the Data Series window.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm
                          Ok. well I can do that but all I get is a white chart with no indicators at all. candles or WMAs or even H-Lines are not visible.
                          I am pretty good with 6.5 but I sure cannot seem to get started on NT7. Any more suggestions?

Comment

On one of my computers NT7 seems to be fine. On my other computer I am getting just a white chart with no indicators/candles/lines or anything. I have uninstalled NT7 and re-installed it to no avail. Any ideas?
                            Thank you.

Comment

Can you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing? Have you checked the session template being selected for the instrument you chose? Can you please ensure you have data for this instrument by looking at what is available in the Historical Data Manager?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Klaus Hengher, Yesterday, 03:13 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Klaus Hengher  
                              Started by Sebastian - TwinPeaks, Yesterday, 01:31 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Sebastian - TwinPeaks  
                              Started by wbennettjr, 07-15-2017, 05:07 PM
                              16 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post eladlevi  
                              Started by Human#102, Yesterday, 09:54 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Human#102  
                              Started by Patlpp, 08-16-2021, 03:10 PM