Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
    Dave,

Each scenario is highly highly sensitive to the exact particulars. To understand the exact scenario you are running into requires indepth analysis before we can say anything one way or the other. Unfortunately we cannot just tell you a catch-all statement without isolating the exact scenario you are encountering.
    That is the case sometimes Josh, but not always. Sometimes you can easily suggest what might be happening, but I feel there is sometimes too much emphasis on us simply providing the whole reproducible scenario. Just my opinion.

We realize it can be frustrating to not be able to find information on this before spending a lot of time trying different things. As far as the Help Guide article on this goes, the Help Guide is still a work in progress and we do realize the information for this may not necessarily be conveyed completely. Expect more documentation and guidelines for this.
    Well, earlier you said it was explicitly there, and I should have just programmed it taking into account the limitation. If it's not there, or is only just alluded to, then my point about guiding customers in what is expected behaviour is even more relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      The current behavior is the accurate one and your code would unfortunately need to be changed to reflect this instead of relying on the old assumptions.
      Sorry, I forgot to mention - could this functionality be added to the wishlist? i.e. instead of checking the primary for stoploss, just check the fastest bar for the instrument - which let's face it is known at init time.

thanks
      Dave

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and thoughtful suggestions Dave, I'll forward it for consideration.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

I would also like to add my vote to Dave's to get this issue fixed.

An alternate approach (that would be in keeping with how things currently work) would be to have variations of SetProfitTarget and SetStopLoss that allow you to specify the BarsInProgress index to indicate which series the targets should be placed on.

Bob A.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post AaronKoRn  
          Started by carnitron, Yesterday, 08:42 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes