Strange Date in Widows Title Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Date in Widows Title Bar

Form.Text property for the chart windows does not contain the correct date on one of my charts.
    Please look at the attached screen shot and look at the TF 1 Minute chart windows window caption. I have never seen this before and do not know how to reproduce and what occurred to cause the error.

I exited and restarted and everything was fine.
    I am sending the logs and trace to support via email w/ this post id in subject.
    Attached Files

Not sure what exactly I am looking at. The chart is a TF 200 tick chart and all chart labels look accurate to this effect.

The dates on the charts will show the date of the right most bar shown on the chart. Since the screenshot is cutoff I will not be able to evaluate the x-axis to confirm. Best way to confirm should actually be just mousing over the right most bar and bringing up the data box on it to see the timestamp of that bar.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry Josh ... Look at the chart in the middle CL (not the TF chart) ..the date is listed as 7/14/2010 ... Very Strange...The date should be today

Comment

Are you sure the chart isn't just scrolled back? Looking at the price range on the y-axis suggests you are charting a point in time that has prices not equivalent to the prices traded for 9/17 today. The chart on the left for 9/17 shows CL prices ~75. Chart in the middle shows CL prices ~77.

Comment

Josh.

I was not scrolled back. By now I would hope you would have a little more faith in my skill set. I have reported pretty good issues and uncovered some good bugs for your team and very rarely report things that are related to the dummy factor. (Although many times I must report things two or thre times before your team actually figures out I am not making this stuff up and can reproduce the issue)

I will email a screen shot of my entire desktop ...taken at the time because I figured that there would be some doubt on this one... It clearly shows the positions of the scroll bars so that there is no misunderstanding. Also If I was scrolled back you would see the WHITE/BLACK scroll arrow in the top right of the screen...and there is not one there ...so it is not scrolled..

Sending email w/ larger image attachment ..to support ...check for subject line as usual.

Thanks
          Mark

Comment

Mark,

As is always the case with support and troubleshooting, it is not about faith or not. Please understand that all bases always need to be covered no matter who the report is from in order to properly assess the situation. Please understand that nothing can be left to assumption.

Based on your screenshot you emailed it is exactly what I was going down. Your chart is simply not a chart of 9/17. Please look at where the bars are plotting. They are in the 77 price range. On 9/17 CL traded at the 74 price range. Please bring up the Data Series dialogue on that chart and I strongly suspect you to find the End date simply to be 7/14.

Comment

Josh ...
              The fact that the END DATE for that chart may be set 7/14 ... is unlikely unless that value was somehow set to that value by NinjaTrader. And if it was set by NinjaTrader then I was done so without my request. Here is why .. I shut down the Application on Thursday Night ...as suggested in a different thread .and started the application at approx 6 or 7 AM. I connected to the live markets and received a "strategy.job..xml" error ..shown in the logs ... .and the charts were on my screen with the wrong date. I compiled my strategies... exited and restarted and the charts were all correct. So while we probably cannot reproduce unless you intentionally generate the strategy / job / xml error then we will never know. I was surprised by that strategy / job / xml error as usually that comes when adding a strategy to the strategy tab if there is some bad strategy code ...and all strategies on that strategy tab were there from the day before and actually were traded in the live market the day before ...Anyway ..at least you are aware that it happened and if you see similar related issue in the future it may help you.... or not...

enjoy.
              Mark

Comment

I would not think StrategyUpdateJob would influence a chart in this manner as the codes do not intertwine. Regardless, we will keep our eyes open.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by KonAdams, 05-07-2024, 10:53 PM
                9 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post KonAdams  
                Started by haas88, 03-21-2024, 02:22 AM
                16 responses
                0 likes