X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double midnight bug

NT 7.0.0.21

Bug 1

If I connect NinjaTrader shortly after midnight, the end date for all charts still shows yesterday, see first attachement. So first I was confused because data was missing. Then I opened all charts one by one to change the end date to today.

I remember that NT 6.5. has a similar problem.

Bug 2

With the end date of yesterday, yesterdays sessions for TF are not correctly displayed, but half of the trading day is missing. See chart below.

For TF I used a 2-session template with session times 8:00 PM - 9:30 AM EST (night session), and 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM EST, which are the logical times, if you want to display RTH pivots for this instrument.

You can see below that in my time zone (CET) only the night session is displayed, whereas the main session starting at 9:30 AM (Est) and ending at 6:00 AM (Est) is missing.

This problem, which I had already communicated before, occurs with a session that ends at 0:00. Ninjatrader does not yet understand that a session ending at midnight belongs to the prior date and not the following date.

The logic of a trading day however requires affecting sessions that end at midnight to the prior day, as the entire session is contained in that prior day!
    Attached Files

Hello Harry,

I tested the 'End date' issue on my end by modifying my PC clock time zone & time, however the charts contained the new date on my end as soon as I started NinjaTrader. Can you please check if the issue persists if you are able to test it today after midnight.

Am I correct that if the 'End date' is setup to today 'Bug 2' does not persist? When I test it on my end, the 2nd session is include as well.

However I am able to reproduce the issue that the 2nd session is not included when using 9/13 as last date and setting my PC clock to GMT +1. I will forward it to Development to further investigate. Thank you again for reporting.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

thanks for replying.

End Date

I had NinjaTrader open during the day break coding something, then connected after midnight. The problem of the wrong end date is old. Have frequently had this with NT 6.5., never found out why. It is not a big problem, just one of the many little confusing things, takes me always a minute to find out, why there is no data.

2nd session

Confirm that sessions for September 13 were correctly displayed with the end date September 14. Second session of September 13 was only missing with end date September 13, which should not be the case..

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Harry,

I tested the 'End date' issue on my end by modifying my PC clock time zone & time, however the charts contained the new date on my end as soon as I started NinjaTrader. Can you please check if the issue persists if you are able to test it today after midnight.

Am I correct that if the 'End date' is setup to today 'Bug 2' does not persist? When I test it on my end, the 2nd session is include as well.

However I am able to reproduce the issue that the 2nd session is not included when using 9/13 as last date and setting my PC clock to GMT +1. I will forward it to Development to further investigate. Thank you again for reporting.

Comment

Hello Harry,

Ok, so you need to have NinjaTrader (disconnected) opened before and after midnight. Subsequently connect to a connectivity provider and the charts remain on yesterday's date, correct?

As soon as there is news regarding 'Bug 2', I will let you know.

Comment

I just tested it using the GMT +9 (Tokyo) time zone, however once I re-connected after midnight, the chart automatically converted to 8/15.

Can you please check if this issue recurs this evening and if so please tell me what exact steps you performed.

Comment

I do not know what I need to have , I only know what I did.

I had NT running, but disconnected, and then connected to Kinetick and Interactive Brokers after midnight local time (CET) to update the charts.

Hello Harry,

Ok, so you need to have NinjaTrader (disconnected) opened before and after midnight. Subsequently connect to a connectivity provider and the charts remain on yesterday's date, correct?

As soon as there is news regarding 'Bug 2', I will let you know.

Comment

Can you please let me know if the issue recurs today if possible.

If so, can you please send me the workspace you had opened when you re-connect after midnight. Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Comment

Hello Harry,

Regarding bug #2, unfortunately this is as expected behavior.

If the trading day has 2 session segments but only 1 segment starts before midnight, only that segment will be shown in the chart. If you like the second segment to be displayed as well, you will need to increase the 'End date'.

Comment

I agree with what you said,

but the second session started and ended prior to midnight! Second session start time is 15:30 CET, second session end time is 24:00 CET.

Hello Harry,

Regarding bug #2, unfortunately this is as expected behavior.

If the trading day has 2 session segments but only 1 segment starts before midnight, only that segment will be shown in the chart. If you like the second segment to be displayed as well, you will need to increase the 'End date'.

Comment

Harry,

Development has applied a change which should positively impact this. Thank you.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Patlpp, 08-16-2021, 03:10 PM
                    11 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                    Started by DawnTreader, Yesterday, 05:58 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes