Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko seems to cause issues with loading data

I open 3 charts:
    Renko Chart (5bricks 30 days) - Tick 100 Chart (actual day) - Daily Chart (365 days). Indicators only Volume.

When I change between different futures (6A,B,C,E,J,S,ES,TF,YM,FDAX, FGBL, FESX, ZW, NQ, ...) first time data is loaded correctly - if chart is not constantly open to current data feed but often changed (because I´m looking if my setup occurs and I can place a trade) there seems to be an issue with reloading. Then NT

I re-installed NT .20 and .21 several times (after uninstalling everything and deleting old pathes manually to ensure that there is not any old data) - after this for 1 hour NT races and works with high speed as wanted and estimated, after this first hour (could be even 1-2 hours) it skows down and then it stops loading data correctly - task manager shows that memory increases and increses and after quarter hour loading there comes error message (unable to load selected amount of chart data) - this is crazy, it seems that there occurs a unended loop when Renko chart is build or data is re-loaded ... don´t know exactly ... when I uninstall NT it works again.

Repairing Database etc. doesn´t help, too. Then I recognized that there is another issue with wrong historical chart data on 6A for example. I had to download any hisorical data new because I erased everything from my trading machine - Mirus / Zenfire told me that historical data comes from Ninja Servers and not from Zenfire. I tried to get help from Mirus support (remote maintenance) a technical (Brian) has seen the problems, told me something that there isn´t any support working at this time (friday about 3-4pm EST) at Ninjatrader - but today I didn´t get any reaction until now too - perhaps they are still in weekend.

Has anybody same issues? Uses Renko offered by NT 7 itself? Knows more about wrong historical data?
    Perhaps any German speaking guys to discuss directly?

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

So that I understand correctly how many times would you say you change the renko chart before it stops responding? How are you changing it?

Can you please send your NinjaTrader 7 directory to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post and put ATTN: Brett in the subject line.

To send plase goto My Documents and then right click on NinjaTrader 7 folder and select send to and then select compressed zip file.

Then upload this file to www.sendspace.com and send me the link in the email to support at ninjatrader dot com.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Upload finished - you got a Mail

Hello Brett,
      I can´t tell you exactly how long it takes until this issue occurs. In my feeling it occurs prompt when you load (example) first 6A then change to 6B or other, work on this longer time (not reloading 6A for example half a hour, having closed this 6A for half a hour, then reloading and issue occurs).
      In my upload at least 6A and 6E are corrupted.
      If it helps I will reinstall NT just now again – it´s a little bit masochistic but no other idea – then I´ll try to tease the issue and then resend you next file folder.
      I change underlyings normally by switching it in chart window on left top (instrument pull down list) – but I´m sure you can tease it by using historical data manager.
      I really hope this issue will be solved quickly – I´m almost sure that it hadn´t been before first September days – not exactly – because in August I used Renko without noting any issues. Therefore I first searched for a Win7 issue (this PC runs only NT7 – no other software packages). It´s an aprox. 3-4 years old Pentium with an Intel (Kingston) 32GB SSD (4-6 month old) drive instead of harddisc (could it be an issue of this SSD?).
      Thank you.
      resist

Comment

I could fix the issue a little bit more exactly

First I installed fresh NT 7...21 again after deinstall and deleting NT7 folder in documents folder.

Upload here: Mailed to support at NT dot com

Then I imported my data, ws, etc.
        Then I loaded Tick Data of all of my underlyings Then disconnected and closed program.

Then I started NT this (European) morning and loaded Renk 5 Brick Chart one after another underlying, klicking the next instrument with pull down menu (left top corner of charting window). I went 6A,6B,6C,6E,6J,6S,CL October contract, everything was ok, mem used by windows about 60-70MB, CPU usage about 50%. Everything fine. When I reached now CL November contract there occurred the known problem, endless loop or something simular until mem usage over 1,x GB, then error window.

So you understand, I browsed 7 underlyings without errors, then on the eight underlying issue occurred and data seem to be broken (CL November).
        BUT I DIDN´T LOAD ANY NEW DATA AT ALL BECAUSE I DIDN´T CONNECT TO DATA FEED.
        It´s enough to build one Renko chart after the other .. in my test it took 5 minutes or 7 Renko charts with about one month tick data to be loaded.

Now it´s your turn to decide if this issue comes from me using SSD drive (but everything seems to work finde for example using xxxTick charts or a programming issue of NT building Renko charts.

Comment

Hello,

One quick question where did you get this data from? What connection or was it imported mannually?

Also, I am looking into this today.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

resist,

I had a similar problem a while back.

Are you using templates to load your indicators to your charts.

Templates created with Renko charts are not compatable with any other chart type.

Templates created with any other chart type are not compatable with Renko charts.

If you want full compatability I suggest using WickedRenko or its newer version.

Located on this forum.

Reviews, Strategies, Indicators & more | NexusFi community forum

RJay
            RJay
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

I´m connected to Mirus/Zenfire and RCG. I connected and made first new - chart - choosing underlying 6A - Renko - 5 Bricks - 30days back - 24/7 session template - all other settings I think default.

I see another user has (almost?) simular issues: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=33150

Comment

Originally posted by rt6176 View Post
                resist,

I had a similar problem a while back.

Are you using templates to load your indicators to your charts.

Templates created with Renko charts are not compatable with any other chart type.

Templates created with any other chart type are not compatable with Renko charts.

If you want full compatability I suggest using WickedRenko or its newer version.

Located on this forum.

Reviews, Strategies, Indicators & more | NexusFi community forum

RJay

I understand - yes I´m using a template with setting of session template and only 1 indicator - volume. I cannot believe that this template which was saved from my first Renco chart causes this issue of endless loading or endless charting with blowing up used memory.

But thank you very much for your helpful post, I´ll go to BMT and look for the WickedRenko and test. I like Renko but just now I´m thinking about using tick chart could be easier because I want to learn trading not testing

Comment

Hello,

I recieved the files and I am looking into.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by usasugardefender, Today, 01:42 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post usasugardefender  
                  Started by haas88, 03-21-2024, 02:22 AM
                  15 responses