Remove Indicator Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Indicator Default

How can I remove the defaults for an indicator. I'm finding that as I add new parameters to an indicator I am developing the defaults from previous versions are stopping the indicator parameter panel from displaying the correct prompts. I have to save the indicator as a new indicator (with a different file and indicator name) to get it to display properly.

Paul.

Hello pauly139,

You can save the indicators settings in the Indicator menu of a chart. Once you opened the indicator menu and set the indicator parameters to your liking, please right click on any parameter and you should see 'Set Default For XXXX'. Subsequently the parameter settings will be saved as setup.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason

Thanks for the reply, however it doesn't answer my question. I need to know how to REMOVE the defaults after they have been set, as they are causing the indicator not to display properly once additional parameters have been created for the indicator. The only way I have to remedy the situation at the moment is to save the indicator under a new name. However the better solution is to just clear the defaults.

Comment

I see - you can remove parameters from within the indicator code. Please go to Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator, double click the indicator in question and remove the parameters you like or set new default values.

If this is a system indicator, unfortunately you cannot make any changes. I suggest to save the indicator under a new name as you already do.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by llanqui, Today, 08:32 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post llanqui
        by llanqui

Started by lollers, Yesterday, 03:26 AM
        1 response