Ninja 7 Beta 20 Crash on Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja 7 Beta 20 Crash on Startup

I have just updated to Beta 20 from 15. I carried out all the instructions regarding removing assemblies files etc, however Ninja keeps crashing on trying to load a workspace. I believe it is an indicator on the workspace which is causing a problem. I have tried deleting the workspace from within the program but it just loads again when Ninja is restarted. Is there a way of deleting the workspace from outside the program?

MicroAl, yes you can manually delete the workspace files from My Documents/NinjaTrader 7/workspaces. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninja 7 Beta 20 Crash New Bug?

Thanks that has solved the problem. Could you confirm if the following is a bug or just me doing something wrong

1) Create a YM chart 5 min September contract and apply Helen Aski indicator.
      2) Add VOL indicator to this chart.
      3) Add ADX indicator to this chart on same panel ie 2 with Left scale. Both are now shown on the same panel.
      4) Add new Data Series $Tick 5 min. This is added to bottom of chart however the ADX indicator now disappears from panel 2, although is showing in Title.

Edit Think it is a bug. If you look at the properties for the ADX indicator the scale property has changed back to right. I corrected this and added another series ES and again the ADX indicator disappeared. Looking at the indicator properties the scale had changed back to right again.
      Last edited by MicroAl; 08-21-2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

MicroAl, thank you for the note. I will try to reproduce this error tomorrow.

Comment

MicroAl, unfortunately I did not have time to test this today. I'll have someone respond tomorrow.

Comment

MicroAl,

Thank you for the report. I was able to reproduce and have forwarded it to development.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi MicroAl !

The bug you reported in post #3 is fixed and the fix will be available with the next update of NinjaTrader.

Kind regards,
              Christian
              ChristianSenior Software Developer

Comment

Bug in Ninja

Nice to know that I could help in a very small way in the finalisation of Ninja 7.

A suggestion for the future. I think it would be very useful if you could update your product so that you had an Export Data option for the Charting. This could be quite simple as to just export the price data, and maybe any indicator data from the displayed chart to a simple text file etc. I know that there are scripts that can be added to do this but it would be handy having this built into the product.

And something I suggested at least two years ago. Why cannot we have an alert function added to the draw line feature? You ninja folk obviously have the programming skills to do this and it is such a basic feature. I have three other software packages which I use and they all have this basic feature.

Just noticed the Ninja Videos in the help guide really excellent. All we need now is some detailed ones on Ninjascript

Comment

MicroAl,

Thanks for the suggestions. These are indeed on our feedback list.
                  Glad you enjoy the videos. We are always trying to improve our educational resources including the NinjaScript area.
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by OllieFeraher, 05-09-2024, 11:14 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post OllieFeraher  
                  Started by PaulMohn, 05-02-2024, 06:59 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes