Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7:not the same bars on the same range chart after db cache made

Hello,

If I make a chart YM 40 Range if the ...Documents/NinjaTrader 7/db/cache/Default 24_7.Central Standard Time/tick/YM ##-## folder is empty the bar can be seen on present Bar_... attachment in green circle.

If I change start date on the chart in Data Series ( starting one day later, but I have the same result after restarting NT7 ) the bar will be missed as can be seen on picture in missing Bar_... attachment in the same green circle.

My biggest problem with NT7 is that regarding some chart types at session beginning/ending it is making a new bar that I still cannot understand from the view of a trader (this makes totally nonsense a 110 range chart on YM ). From the view of a coder it could be easier to make daily cache data for some type of charts if I have a blank page every day, this could be an answer why NT7 closes a 110 range bar below 110 range ?!?

So to override this making a new bar at session begin I made the following change in @BarsTypes at line 3066 ( the logic as it was in NT6 ):

changes in red :if (bars.Count == 0 //|| bars.IsNewSession(time, isRealtime)
    )

original: if (bars.Count == 0 || bars.IsNewSession(time, isRealtime))

I am sure that changes in appearing/not appearing the bar in the green circle comes from this "//" change and this connects somehow to storing/reading cache data. Maybe the problem is that if reading from cache data sundays gaps are not filled with shadow range bars ?

Please try to help my problem without "It is beyond our focus ... " type of answers, I really would not like ot get deeper into NT7 code, nor get into discussions with so called NT advisors.

best regards
    Kittyan
    Attached Files

Kittyan, thanks for reporting in: unfortunately modifying the @BarsTypes file / creating custom bars types is outside of the scope we can support.

Per default the count is reset at session break to provide more consistency for intraday trading, however offering an option here is already on our feedback list.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi NinjaTrader_Bertrand,

Thanks for your answer.

Ok. Waiting for the option to turn off first bars setting, hoping next version will have it.

Still cant see what makes more consistency for intraday trading if the count is reset at session break ( theoretical qustion but any answer is welcome ).

have a nice day
      Kittyan

Comment

kittyan, you're welcome - the reason is: the chart bars building consistency is not dependent anymore on the chart's start date used, since the count is reset on each day. With 6.5 you could have different bars groupings dependent upon which historical chart data you chose, thus NT 7 provides more continuity here.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Trader146, Today, 09:17 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Trader146  
        Started by ttrader23, 05-08-2024, 09:04 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes