Suggestion to improve the DOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion to improve the DOM

Obviously this won't get implemented before you actually release NT 7, however you might want to consider adding a feature on the DOM which draws a colored bar right where the volume is listed on each price level... it can give a nice visual display of the level 2 information better than the pure numbers format. I have attached a screenshot of another platform that does this... doesn't look like it would be too hard to implement as an option.
    Attached Files

Hi JS999,

Thank you for your post.

You can change the color of the Buy and Sell Column colors by right clicking in the SuperDOM and then selecting Properties. However, changing those column colors would apply for all visible price rows, rather than just the displayed rows with depth.

Additionally, I have forwared this suggestion to development for inclusion on the list of possible future enhancements to NinjaTrader 7.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, the main point here was to highlight the different volume levels as a histogram for easy visual reference, not so much to be able to change column colors. Seeing bar length differences visually in a histogram is much easier at a glance than trying to figure out value differences between numbers.

Also, make sure when they write the code that the maximum bar length is set by the highest numerical value of all level 2 orders, to be able to properly relate relative size between buy/sell columns. I'm sure that they would probably do that anyways, but it's important.
      Last edited by JS999; 08-14-2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I second the motion on the suggestion of JS999.
        Would be nice.
        Thks.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for that additional information, and I have included that in the suggestion for development.
          Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 02:10 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ETFVoyageur  
          Started by rayyyu12, Today, 12:47 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes