drawings gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drawings gone

Besides the fact that NT's behaviour of saving all chart drawings to the Workspace rather than within a saved chart template is completely unintuivite and nonstandard, I've been quite careful to always save my current Workspace after making a series of chart drawings.

Low and behold yesterday after starting up, the Workspace that used to have all of my several hours worth of drawings is now empty. Although I'm being completely pissed about this and ready to jump ship, I do seek to understand what might possibly have happened.

To try and troubleshoot some issue my wife was having with custom ATM settings not being retained in a v6.5 NT installation I did close down and restart NT7 a couple of times. On one of those times I believe I selected the option to not save all workspaces upon exiting (because I had already manually saved them). By not saving does that actually overrite or zero out previously saved workspaces?

What else might have possibly caused this behaviour?

Lastly, please consider saving drawings to the template rather than the workspace. One may have several windows open in a workspace each with different sets of drawings and desire/need to close one or more chart windows. The prospect of losing said drawings even though the charts templates have been saved is completely non-sensical.

Again, I don't know if that is what I did to cause the current problem. But, it's happened before.

Frustrated...

Hi billworld,

Sorry to hear of your frustration.

Based on the information I have so far, I wonder if the drawing objects were set to be displayed on all charts of a certain instrument.

If this is the case, those objects could have been disabled from displaying automatically if they were not viewed for 20 days.

Do you recall setting the drawing objects to display on all charts?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I set my recent drawings to one chart, (ES 400 tick). I wasn't aware of a mode to also apply said drawings to all charts. Anyway, they were made and viewed just a couple of days ago.

Comment

Hi billworld,

Thanks for the clarification.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Your most current trace file.
        You'll find the trace file in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
        Today's trace file will be named 'trace.20100811.txt'.

3.) The workspace you're using.
        You'll find the workspace in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay. Email just sent. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by llanqui, Today, 08:32 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post llanqui
          by llanqui