Collapse

Applying Stratgey to a chart defaults to 1 Second dataseries in Control Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying Stratgey to a chart defaults to 1 Second dataseries in Control Center

NT7b19 on two seperate machines.

If I apply the SampleMACrossover to a chart of any periodicity (say 1 min, 5, min, 4 range, etc) and apply a Strategy to the chart using the Strategies button, it defaults to 1 second in the Strategies tab of Control Center no matter the periodicity of the chart. If I then change the periodicity of the chart, the grid item in Stratgies tab follows my changes.

MXASJ, do you have perhaps a strategy settings default saved for the SampleMACrossOver which default to using a 1 sec chart?

Please retry with no template present for the SampleMA strategy in the MyDocuments\NinjaTrader 7\templates\Strategy folder.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That folder is empty in both installations.

Comment

Thanks for checking - was unfortunately not able to reproduce here on my end - are you starting it from a single or multiseries chart of the instrument? Any chart template applied? Which connections / provider are you using?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Bertrand,

The only commonality between the two systems was the chart template, and one of the systems is running on VMWare Workstation on the other.

I tried using different templates and different instruments and get the same result. In all cases its a single instrument chart I'm using.

On Server, its NT7b19 on Windows Sever 2008 R2 on a VM connected to Zenfire.
          On Workstation, NT7b19 on Win 7 Pro connected to IQFeed.

If there are any files you would like me to email in, just let me know.

Comment

I should add this only happens if I add a Strategy via a chart. Adding it via the Strategies tab in Control Center is fine.

Comment

MXASJ, thanks for the added details - and this is true for all strategies you tried or just for a particular one?

If you could zip up the trace / logs from both installs and direct them to support at ninjatrader dot com to my Attn that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Two emails on their way to you now.

I have a user who is a chart person and launches some of my strats on charts, which I have never tried. He pointed the issue out to me. To save you the trouble of typing "Please try to reproduce using the SampleMAStrategy" I went straight for that instead .

I have never seen this behavior before as I have never launched strategies from charts before

Comment

Thanks for the files, unfortunately they did not provide clues as to why you would see this - could you please zip me up your complete Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder from one install and fwd to our support address, so I can try with your exact install files here?

Comment

I just sent it, Bertrand. It was a pretty big file so if for some reason it doesn't get through let me know and I'll give you some FTP credentials.

Comment

Thanks MXASJ, I'll test with those and get back to you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by sdauteuil, 09-23-2021, 10:16 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post jacobpescaia44  
                      Started by agclub, 04-21-2024, 08:57 PM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes